January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

To add some sauce,  so far this season Haaland and Kane have both individually scored more Premier League goals than our entire squad put together, whilst Ivan Toney would need just 3 goals more to match our entire squad's goal tally. 

Another point everyone has forgotten, Emery doesn’t spend a shit load of cash (PSG aside). His Villarreal team was made up of low budget signings, bar the odd big money move.

We’ve got rid of the deadwood, Emery now has a much smaller squad to focus on and work with, he’ll get the best out of them.

Trust. The. Process.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you think he's here just for money?

Not just the money....but if you don't think it played a massive part in his decision to come back to England, you're either naive or being deliberately disingenuous.

I'll leave it with you....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What have the owners done since being here to make you think they'd appoint an elite manager based on a lie, then screw said manager over the first chance they get just 2 months later?

If I knew the answer to that, I would print it.

Like I said....We will know in due course.

If he is happy, we will all be happy.....if he's not, that paints a different picture.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m buzzing. I’d have got rid of a few more if we could. Digne, Coutinho. Time to start again. Big Summer ahead. 

Me too. No more dendoncker, bednarek dross. People in for the sake of it. Deadline day has become magnified in the last 10 years in particular. It’s exciting but not very practical. What’s the point bringing a guy in because pete colley is sat outside Villa Park knocking on the door every hour looking for news. **** off. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Another point everyone has forgotten, Emery doesn’t spend a shit load of cash (PSG aside). His Villarreal team was made up of low budget signings, bar the odd big money move.

We’ve got rid of the deadwood, Emery now has a much smaller squad to focus on and work with, he’ll get the best out of them.

Trust. The. Process.

No. Buy. Some. Players.

Just now, Dillon66 said:

Not just the money....but if you don't think it played a massive part in his decision to come back to England, you're either naive or being deliberately disingenuous.

I don't think it has anything to do with money, he could get paid what he does here, anywhere

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Trust. The. Process.

Ah hah! You’re on to something… 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Trust. The. Process.

He has an opportunity to declare, his satisfaction, towards this window, moving forward.....lets see if he does it.

If it was part of the plan, there is no need to suppress that information....lets see.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can want more. You just moan that it doesn't happen in your time frame. That's the stupid part. 

I've got high hopes Unai gets us back into that top 7. I think it's crazy to cry that it isn't happening right now. 

chelsea and liverpool will not be this bad for the rest of the season. brighton managed to hang on to caiceido. fulham were active too. getting into the top 6/7 this season simply wasn't going to happen, primarily due to that prick we had in charge earlier in the season

it would've been reckless to chase top 6. the club is run better these days. we have to assume we're in line for a busy summer, with 2 or 3 big signings and i expect our transfer record to be broken at least once. i'll be front of the queue to moan if that doesn't happen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can want more. You just moan that it doesn't happen in your time frame. That's the stupid part. 

I've got high hopes Unai gets us back into that top 7. I think it's crazy to cry that it isn't happening right now. 

No ones crying????????

You have a opinion on this window, a pretty low one at that, some people have a different opinion, just accept it and don't try to fight your right and everyone else must be wrong.

I think we should have signed more quality, replaced Ings with a proven striker and pushed on for top 7, nothing wrong with that.

You think,  it's not worth it, finish at best midtable and wait till the summer, which is fine, but it'll probably mean writing off yet another season.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He has an opportunity to declare, his statisfaction, moving forward.....lets see if he does it.

If it was part of the plan, there is no need to suppress that information....lets see.

what if he is not satisfied but acknowledges that the fees the club was quoted for its top targets were unrealistic and therefore the lack of transfers were out of his and the club's hands?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I never said anything of the sort. 

I said he didn't come here just for money. Thanks though. 

Just now, Dillon66 said:

Stop.Being.A.Happy.Clapper.....

You.Are.Entitled.To.Have.An.Opinion.

Unai.Won't.Think.Any.Less.Of.You.

A happy clapper. Ah mate, Villa “fans “ like you are ten a penny. A lust for newness and novelty. We could sign 7 or 8 today and you’d still want 7 or 8 in the summer. I’ll trust the lad who’s doing a pretty good job so far and seems to know what he’s at. If he’d of wanted someone today, im sure we’d of had him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We haven't been in the top half of the Prem for 13 years, so its no wonder, we haven't been able to attract many proven goal scorers.

Ings has 0.65 PL goals per 90 minutes this season.

A goal every 139 minutes - only 6 players better that in the PL this season

His appearance time averages out at 46 minutes per appearance.

Not unreasonable to think that more appearance time would have produced more goals - perhaps 10-12 in total.

Whether you think he doesn't fit the system, can't run, or wanted to leave, he was producing the goods when called upon. Going to heard to replace.  

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think we should have signed more quality, replaced Ings with a proven striker and pushed on for top 7, nothing wrong with that.

genuine question. do you think that the club attempted to replace ings and sign more quality?