January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

This is the Pete with 110k followers. In my experience can be very hit and miss. So will keep an eye out for other reports.

Edited by Wes
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The only real possibility of a signing that I can see is if Chelsea offload a fair few players.

Don't know why, but I still feel that a late move for Conor Gallagher could happen.

A loan with an option to buy could be perfect for us. Doesn't look like he'll be off to Newcastle as Chelsea won't let him go to a direct rival apparently.

He's staying at Chelsea 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Out of likes mate, i'm definitely interested to see how Emery can use this madman.

Just hope he can stay fit!

Join me on the BT thread for more content and entertainment 🤣

15 minutes ago, Powehi said:

The point in bold - why? This group of players have got 16 points from 21 and we've swapped a striker and added a leftback. Not sure why we need to stress further about adding more until the summer. You've given no real reason why, just choosing to want the window to go a certain way, then being disappointed when it hasn't happened.

If you have a crystal ball and can tell me we will finish the season, with a points ratio/tally of what we have now, I will concede, now to you.

Experience tells me, with injuries, suspensions and form dips.....that is a tough ask.

I think most discerning fans, know what team strengthening looks like, sure we all have our own opinions of players.....but overall, I think most fans know, when the team is getting stronger.

UE has had an unbelieveable start, will it continue, with just the present personnel, I have my doubts.....even though, I have the utmost faith in him.

Only time, will tell, who is right.....but remember this, when/if the newly found Momentum creaks, it goes like a broken bridge, it can collapse....The trick is strengthen it, before it creaks, and put yourself in that situation....Thats what the winning clubs do.

I am over the moon, with our current Form, and if we sustain it.....I will be Dandy.

I am not looking for Lofty targets , but I know, even top half, is a tough old task.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I had to read this twice before my creaky vocabulary wheels finished grinding! 

Origin of the phrase "damp squib"

While most modern squibs used by professionals are insulated from moisture, older uninsulated squibs needed to be kept dry in order to ignite, thus a "damp squib" was literally one that failed to perform because it got wet.

Sure, but still don't know what a squib is?! 

It's a wet firework, the perfect metaphor for all things Villa!

• Like 1

Aouar is one of those players that will likely be a disaster if he signed for Villa normally. Highly talented, a bit of a problem behind the scenes, probably should've been at a very big club but just fallen away a bit...

... But if he signed somewhere else, he'd light it up and we'd be disappointed we didn't pull the trigger.

I can't decide tbh, I back Emery to get the best out of misfits, it's what he does best and that'd be exciting. But we're full of underperforming high-potential attacking talent. Only so much you can take (and tbf, I don't know enough about Aouars form this year to know if he's still underperforming)

Edited by HalfTimePost

34 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Point 1- cleared sub-par players. Fine. 

Point 2- Replaced our Knackered Striker with a hot young prospect. Look if you cant see why we might not want to put all our eggs in one basket, then I really can't explain it any further. I'm not sure if you freewheel through life without any cares, but for most people having some sort of contingency against bad things occurring is prudent. More than prudent, necessary in most walks of life and in most jobs. 

Point 3- Upgraded left back- Fine.

Point 4- kept our decent players- fine. 

I know you are trying to bury the rotten apple in amongst the gold here, and I'm not asking for you to agree with me or anyone else with my view. Honestly I couldn't give a toss. But I do expect you to at least understand where we are coming from, in the same way as I understand where you are coming from, but don't agree about what levels of risk are responsible. And this is something i've not seen in a single one of your posts. 

well said.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Aouar is one of those players that will likely be a disaster of he signed for Villa normally. Highly talented, a bit of a problem behind the scenes, probably should've been at a very big club but just fallen away a bit...

... But if he signed somewhere else, he'd light it up and we'd be disappointed we didn't pull the trigger.

I can't decide tbh, I back Emery to get the best out of misfits, it's what he does best and that'd be exciting. But we're full of underperforming high-potential attacking talent. Only so much you can take (and tbf, I don't know enough about Aouars form this year to know if he's still underperforming)

Misfits? So Traore being booted out because he was a winger and Gerrard didn't want Wingers makes him a misfit?