January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Young and Moreno are our fullbacks. If Moreno gets injured, Cash comes in and Young switches over to LB. That's fine until the end of the season. I'd rather do that than give Digne another £3,000,000 in wages. 

Konsa can play rb if needed.  Not great but if we are desperate.  Id take risk if means getting Dinge wages off books.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Marseille already have some roster of midfielders. They've already bought one from Verona that they've loaned back and now look like signing Vitinha for 30m. 

I'm not sure that a deal for Guendouzi won't be done. If it isn't this month, I think we've got something in place with them to sign him in the summer. 

Ilic U turned and moved to Torinio,  they’ve moved on Gerson and Baba Dieng, and brought in Onuahi and Vitinha. So not to sure if we have something in place.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Digne going to City has come from a reliable source, but if that did happen, Moreno, Young, Kesler-Hayden, and Cash would do as the four fullbacks.

Konsa and Chambers can also play defensive FB if needed.

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Ilic U turned and moved to Torinio,  they’ve moved on Gerson and Baba Dieng, and brought in Onuahi and Vitinha. So not to sure if we have something in place.

Jordan Bowery on Loan.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Konsa can play rb if needed.  Not great but if we are desperate.  Id take risk if means getting Dinge wages off books.

in for a penny....in for a pound.

IF we were signing anyone as a starter it would have been at least 2 weeks ago to give Emery time with them on the training ground. IF anyone signs now it'll be to warm the bench whilst they get up to speed, ala bringing Bertie back.

He isn't signing someone on deadline day with the expectation of starting the weekend. He likes his players to be fully immersed in what he wants.