January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

How about just time played under Emery when we've looked good? I make it about 50% of the time.  And of that 50% he was only good against Brighton and Wolves.

Shares a lot of the blame for the failures at Newcastle and Stevenage, and generally has looked average or poor in the 6 league games he didn't score in.

Duran could be expected to offer a similar return of average performances.

I also think it's clear that Ings wasn't going to be part of the system moving forward. 

Risk mitigation is the sensible option for any organisation.  There's many a ship hit the rocks sailing on a mixture of optimism, blind faith in others, and trusting to luck.  Failing to attach lifeboats doesn't help.  Getting players in on loan ties us to nothing beyond the summer.  Why haven't we looked more at that if our main targets are not available?

• Like 1

Marseille already have some roster of midfielders. They've already bought one from Verona that they've loaned back and now look like signing Vitinha for 30m. 

I'm not sure that a deal for Guendouzi won't be done. If it isn't this month, I think we've got something in place with them to sign him in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Anyone else heard that Man City have supposedly contacted us over a deal for digne?

I did think we would be looking to get rid of him this morning.  Thought maybe it put a hold on us buying our other targets.

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Next up... the inevitable meltdown when losing to Leicester proves NSWE have lost interest and we are getting relegated.

lol yeah wait till the find out traora could be out for a while with injury. I think we just need to wait it looks like we have a plan now.