January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yet not a single PL club showed any interest and the only team that did are one that's fighting relegation in the french league

i have no ill feelings towards sanson, but prior to stevenage he had 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 big chances created. he looked after the ball well and came across that he was a tidy player but actually did very little

Well it would’ve helped if he was actually playing prior to Stevenage. You drop his stats as if he was playing often prior to leaving. 

Regardless, if Emery decided to let him go out on loan there’s clearly a specific reason for it

Am happy to see the likes of Ings and Sanson sold and their wages off the books. Yes we are slightly weakened in the short term (not by much at all in my view), but the squad was bloated and now we're in a better position to improve the squad in the summer. Plus it could give opportunities to younger players in the squad who will benefit from first team exposure.

No danger of relegation, outside chance of Europe. Not worth throwing the kitchen sink now if the options don't fit the vision.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

OK in my opinion, it is irresponsible to put a player who is developing into a situation where he is expected to get goals for a Premier League team. He's never played at first team level in any team in any league. 

Irresponsible - oh come on. There's been countless examples of youth players coming into a PL side in the event of an injury crisis (which Watkins and Duran both out would be) and doing well. He doesn't even necessarily need to score, he has players around him capable of doing that. He scored 49 goals in the Rangers academy last season - he's clearly got something about him. He just signed a professional contract earlier this month. Stop mollycoddling him.

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Isn’t he injured?

Oh yeah, is this what was being discussed, come back here for treatment? 

I would really like to know the extent of this injury now.