January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

35 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not one I'd be massively keen on, but a position of need and a player we've been limited to, now one of our best journos reporting he's available (though, importantly, not linking us)

I'd rather sign no one than trash like Jack Fookin' Harrison...  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

24 hours left and still not a sniff.  So i guess Dendoncker will be playing back up centreback and /  or back up midfield. Thats fine for me as he is half decent back up. But no back up forward is now looking more and more of a risk. I know Ollie doesnt really get injured but thats him not getting strains or pulls. A bad tackle can happen at any point. Have they been that impressed wirh Duran in training that they think he is the back up now ? I doubt it. 

I believe in our owners and our manager , but we all know that in the prem standing still is moving backwards. 

They have strenghtened the left back position

Centre halves have stood still

Centre mid has been weakened in terms of bodies but not talent

Forwards have been weakened in terms of goals and bodies

It isnt a good look for an ultra ambitious club like ours lets face it... 

I just wish we weren't so silent  all the time  just makes me paranoid !! 

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you...

53 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not one I'd be massively keen on, but a position of need and a player we've been limited to, now one of our best journos reporting he's available (though, importantly, not linking us)

He is a line hugging winger at leeds....

We don't play with wingers

So just took a look at our expenditure across the last 4 transfer windows .£40 million net.

I was amazed by this. 

So so low . I can only imagine that we are paying for past excesses . What other reason could there be. 

The new North Stand ? Ffp problems ? Too high wage bill. ? 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So just took a look at our expenditure across the last 4 transfer windows .£40 million net.

I was amazed by this. 

So so low . I can only imagine that we are paying for past excesses . What other reason could there be. 

Man that is incredibly low. Really hoping NSWE pull out all the stops in the summer. If they don’t that starts to become concerning. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I was amazed by this. 

Or just that the net spend is distorted by selling 1 player for £100m. £120m if you include Chukweumeka who was a good youngster but about as useful as a chocolate teapot for the senior team

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Man that is incredibly low. Really hoping NSWE pull out all the stops in the summer. If they don’t that starts to become concerning. 

You would have doubt before getting Emery, but he won't come without a proper plan. What I think is that they've realised mistakes with signing those so-called experienced players. We need talents. 40m but we've sold Grealish and Chuk which got us 120. We've been spending but mostly not needed players. 

We should only go for Kamara caliber or young talents which we think they'll turn good. Maybe the odd loan here or there.

Hopefully we can get Osorio tomorrow, would be really happy with our business this winter. I'm actually very interested with the Duran signing. I think it would be a bargain and hopefully he gets many as early as the Leicester game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Or just that the net spend is distorted by selling 1 player for £100m. £120m if you include Chukweumeka who was a good youngster but about as useful as a chocolate teapot for the senior team

I get it yeah but thats what happens with alot of clubs. Leeds sold Raphinha and Phillips for 100 mill. I am sure their net spend is way above ours. Way above. 

24 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I was amazed by this. 

So we’re a fairly balanced team on the books so far? Surely that’s not a bad thing?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So we’re a fairly balanced team on the books so far? Surely that’s not a bad thing?

Yeah I’m sorry, I get confused which angle we are criticising from, but the goal from a financial sustainability perspective surely is to have a balanced net spend? Or at least be closer than we have been historically?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I get it yeah but thats what happens with alot of clubs. Leeds sold Raphinha and Phillips for 100 mill. I am sure their net spend is way above ours. Way above. 

Theirs adds up to about £45m over 21/22 and 22/23 according to Transfermarkt, so about the same (if those numbers are accurate for either club).