January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I think that Unai really does rate and want Guendouzi and he is our number one target. I reckon the stumbling block would be the fee as Marseille are doing so well right now they're surely not going to let him go cheap, especially given the fact it is us and we took Kamara for nothing. 

I think Marseille are probably playing hardball with us and want a sizeable amount for than we are probably wanting to pay. Don't Arsenal also get a percentage of the fee? I guess if he really wants Guendouzi, Unai us going to have to do some serious arm-twisting in the accounts department. 

With regards to other signings; I think we really do want a new number 9 but, I think we will wait until the summer and break our transfer record. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I think that Unai really does rate and want Guendouzi and he is our number one target. I reckon the stumbling block would be the fee as Marseille are doing so well right now they're surely not going to let him go cheap, especially given the fact it is us and we took Kamara for nothing. 

I think Marseille are probably playing hardball with us and want a sizeable amount for than we are probably wanting to pay. Don't Arsenal also get a percentage of the fee? I guess if he really wants Guendouzi, Unai us going to have to do some serious arm-twisting in the accounts department. 

With regards to other signings; I think we really do want a new number 9 but, I think we will wait until the summer and break our transfer record. 

Playing hardball? Marseille have said we haven’t even contacted them yet.  Pretty hard to play hardball given that.

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Very worried now about the state of the squad - Watkins and Bailey only players to play up top. Coutinho potentially going. Surely we have at least one player lined up for tomorrow?!

I tried to get worried, too, but I just keep finding myself very happy about the state of Villa. Maybe I've blown too many brain cells.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Coutinho we've got:

AM - Buendia, Ramsey, Coutinho, McGinn

FW - Watkins, Bailey, Duran, K Young

It's a little thin in terms of the experience of those strikers and there are a couple that we'd I'm sure like to upgrade - it's not quite paper thin though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do any of the knowledgeable lads know if he has preferred a smaller squad throughout his management career?

Dunno but he doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who wants to get numbers in just for the sake of it.  Each signing has to have a purpose, once you get down to 3rd or 4th choice is it really worth it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Coutinho we've got:

AM - Buendia, Ramsey, Coutinho, McGinn

FW - Watkins, Bailey, Duran, K Young

It's a little thing in terms of the experience of those strikers and there are a couple that we'd I'm sure like to upgrade - it's not quite paper thin though.

But Duran and K Young are teenagers who haven’t even played 1 minute with the first team? In reality we have 2 available forwards. Most PL clubs have between 5 and 7 I think.