January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I am just hoping that something happens tomorrow. It often does go to the wire, especially in january. It may be clubs, agents or players basically seeing what options are on the table by tomorrow when the final decisions will be made (Presumably with a lot of the peripheral stuff already being done so to speak).

Personally I would be surprised if Guendouzi signs this window. I also think the Delafeyou injury may well have scuppered us regards a wide player.

We do now have Duran as an option for striker of course, who will hopefully get some game time this season. 

Fingers crossed something good happens tomorrow.

So Louis Barry just signed for Salford City on loan.

CLICKY

Salford City is excited to announce the loan signing of Louie Barry from Aston Villa for the remainder of the 2022-23 season!

The 19-year-old impressed on loan at Swindon Town in the second half of last season, notching six goals and an assist in 14 appearances as the Robins reached the play-off semi-final.

He was then loaned to MK Dons for the first half of this season, where he scored one goal and registered three assists in 22 outings for the League One side.

In his youth career the forward spent a decade at West Bromwich Albion before joining Barcelona, and signed for Aston Villa when he returned to England.

An attack-minded player with good pace and attributes, the former England youth international is keen to get started:

“The Club’s going in the right direction, they’ve got really good owners backing them and when I spoke to the Gaffer, he put down the foundations of the Club was and that’s what I liked.

“I met him a few days ago, and he told me everything that I wanted to hear, with facts as well. He showed me a really good presentation on the history of the Club, and what he wants to put into the players and that’s showing on the pitch as well.

“I feel like coming here will improve me as a player, and hopefully help the team get up the divisions.

“It happened last season as well [January loan] and I just got thrown straight into it but I dealt with it, and hopefully I can do the same here. They’re at a pinnacle part of the season, where every single point matters, so yeah it’s really tight up there at the moment.

“I’m a very attacking player, I’m very forward thinking, whenever I get the ball I think forward. I’m a goal scorer, that’s where I made my name, scoring goals. I like to create, I like to make things happen in the box when I get the ball, I want to drive forward, get players and put them on the back foot.”

The loan is subject to the usual EFL and FA ratifications; welcome to The Peninsula Stadium, Louie!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

CLICKY

Salford City is excited to announce the loan signing of Louie Barry from Aston Villa for the remainder of the 2022-23 season!

The 19-year-old impressed on loan at Swindon Town in the second half of last season, notching six goals and an assist in 14 appearances as the Robins reached the play-off semi-final.

He was then loaned to MK Dons for the first half of this season, where he scored one goal and registered three assists in 22 outings for the League One side.

In his youth career the forward spent a decade at West Bromwich Albion before joining Barcelona, and signed for Aston Villa when he returned to England.

An attack-minded player with good pace and attributes, the former England youth international is keen to get started:

“The Club’s going in the right direction, they’ve got really good owners backing them and when I spoke to the Gaffer, he put down the foundations of the Club was and that’s what I liked.

“I met him a few days ago, and he told me everything that I wanted to hear, with facts as well. He showed me a really good presentation on the history of the Club, and what he wants to put into the players and that’s showing on the pitch as well.

“I feel like coming here will improve me as a player, and hopefully help the team get up the divisions.

“It happened last season as well [January loan] and I just got thrown straight into it but I dealt with it, and hopefully I can do the same here. They’re at a pinnacle part of the season, where every single point matters, so yeah it’s really tight up there at the moment.

“I’m a very attacking player, I’m very forward thinking, whenever I get the ball I think forward. I’m a goal scorer, that’s where I made my name, scoring goals. I like to create, I like to make things happen in the box when I get the ball, I want to drive forward, get players and put them on the back foot.”

The loan is subject to the usual EFL and FA ratifications; welcome to The Peninsula Stadium, Louie!

Another outgoing  but no incomings. I do fear we are going to regret letting so many players out and bringing hardly anyone in

• Haha 2

The likes of Chelsea bidding £105m for Fernandez, Arsenal bidding £70m for Caicedo and Everton bidding £40m+ for Gallagher is going to really dick us over in the summer.

Prices for centre midfielders are going to be benchmarked against these ridiculous figures. I'd imagine if we actually wanted Guendouzi, Marseille will probably want close to £50m for him in the summer.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It's a strange quote. He seems to be saying we are looking for 9-11 new players!

Yeah strange. He is probably lost in translation or was taking the piss being bored talking about transfers(aren't we all) :)

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The likes of Chelsea bidding £105m for Fernandez, Arsenal bidding £70m for Caicedo and Everton bidding £40m+ for Gallagher is going to really dick us over in the summer.

Prices for centre midfielders are going to be benchmarked against these ridiculous figures. I'd imagine if we actually wanted Guendouzi, Marseille will probably want close to £50m for him in the summer.

Maybe that's why we're still haggling with them over Guendouzi.  We could be close in valuation and it gets done tomorrow, or they might be asked a ridiculous price and we are miles apart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It's a strange quote. He seems to be saying we are looking for 9-11 new players!

I would imagine he meant one in defence, one in midfield, one in attack.

7 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

CLICKY

They entered the 6th tier of English football, what, 6 years ago?  Some presentation that must have been :D 

• Like 1

Whilst i am all for the clearout of deadwood from the squad,i am a bit worried now about injuries and what that could mean for us going forward this season.

This is not a bedwetting post but i am just trying to be realistic..If bailey or watkins gets injured early on or both what is plan b?

If we don't sign anyone I hope (and expect) Unai the wizard can keep us close to our current position in the league, otherwise it might prove as difficult to convince folks to come here as it appears to have been in January. 

I gotta say that Unai and the board have balls of solid titanium.

Edited by HKP90