January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given what Chelsea are doing (another £100m on Fernandez), we’re going to have to have one hell of a Summer to compete with the big teams. Newcastle will only get stronger, Man Utd looked to have turned a corner and Arsenal are miles ahead of us again. Spurs and Liverpool might be the weakest of the lot but I imagine they’ll strengthen. 

I wonder if they’re gearing up for a complete rebuild in the Summer. 

I think it's more likely we are looking for a complete rebuild of Villa Park first.

That in time will increase the revenues to make us catch up with the big boys and stay within the FFP.

Might frustrate some but that's reality.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Not disputing it but how do you know Duran isn’t an Emery signing, worrying if true as I don’t trust Lange. 

Emery said so didn’t he? I think he said that club had been working to sign him and so he watched some videos of him or something.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I think it's more likely we are looking for a complete rebuild of Villa Park first.

That in time will increase the revenues to make us catch up with the big boys and stay within the FFP.

I don’t doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Emery said so didn’t he? I think he said that club had been working to sign him and so he watched some videos of him or something.

That’s generally how scouting works….

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I hear you mate, but Ramsey is in the top 5 midfielders in the league for tackles, recoveries in the offensive half and defensive half and interceptions. 

He snaps a whole lot better than Gallagher for me. Connor is a lot of huff and not a lot of puff. 

Its good to debate.

just lately yes, but his palace form got him in to the England first team squad, (which JJ is yet to do.) something he could replicate with us....my only concern is his positional discipline, which I think JJ is better.

I just don't see them the same, sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surely Guilbert wasn’t on 40k? I imagine Sanson was but like you say, we’ll probably be covering half of those wages at least.

Be surprised if Bednarek was on 50k too. 

We need to shift Coutinho and Dignes wages in the summer. That’s 300k a week right there on two players that probably won’t be starters for us. 

According to football manager those figures are quite accurate. And football manager is well known to be rather accurate with player wages. They have that Guilbert was on 40k, Sanson is on 60K, Bednarek 60K. Standard wages for premier league players in their prime years seem to be 60K. Guilbert was signed when we were a championship side, but he had a promotion wage rise clause apparently.

Also they have Coutinho on 125k and Digne on 120k.

All those figure seem accurate to me.

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Its good to debate.

just lately yes, but his palace form got him in to the England first team squad, (which JJ is yet to do.) something he could replicate with us....my only concern is his positional discipline, which I think JJ is better.

I just don't see them the same, sorry.

Huge fan of Jacob so I am a little biased. 

Conor has been a victim of playing for Chelsea this season, that has been a huge hindrance to him. As a club, they barely know their arse from their elbow at the moment. If he was at Villa they'd make a hell of a pairing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Inaki Williams didn't feature for Bilbao tonight for the first time in 250 games. They say he was injured but... :D 

Is he any good? Obviously played a lot of games in a row but doesn’t seem to score much for a centre forward. 

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://theathletic.com/4120571/2023/01/25/aston-villa-striker-search/

The Spaniard agreed to the signing of Jhon Duran, the 19-year-old Colombian, who moved from Chicago Fire for an initial £14.75million last week, but he was not influential in the pursuit.

Sporting director Johan Lange and his team had tracked the striker relentlessly throughout 2022 and put in considerable time to convince the teenager that joining Villa was the best step in his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s generally how scouting works….

Clever but I was answering the person who was asking about Duran not being an Emery signing. From his own comments he seems  to have gone along with it rather than driven it. As opposed to Moreno I would say.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't particularly agree.....I like Ramsey, don't get me wrong, but hasn't got the intensity or pressing appetite of Gallagher, he doesn't snap at the heels like CG.....JJ is more direct and a ball carrier.....not the same for me, both have endearing qualities.

JJ is ten times better at everything you’ve said. Gallagher is overrated and commits a lot of fouls and it gets misconstrued as intensity. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Is he any good? Obviously played a lot of games in a row but doesn’t seem to score much for a centre forward. 

Goals to game career ratio 3.8%

Ollie Watkins..........2.9%

we don't want players, no better than we already have.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

JJ is ten times better at everything you’ve said. Gallagher is overrated and commits a lot of fouls and it gets misconstrued as intensity. 

Hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The journo's have only taken a month to tell us " The feelers" are out on about a dozen targets.....only to find, each one has its own story, of why its not going to happen.

Ah well, lets wait until the summer.....and roll out the next edition, of the "Feelers going out" part 2.

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It could well be.....but lets be honest about it, if it is.

If the new stand is the reason for not buying, not a problem, but say so.