January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

"Rumours suggest"......"Weighing up"....."looking at"....."Lining up"......" Linked with"....."exploring"......."Showing Interest in"...... "Speaking to"......"In Talks"......"Advanced Talks"......"Having a medical"

I'm trying to work out the pattern of priority.....what comes first, and last?

Things to say to your current girlfriend/life guide when they annoy you

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, like I said. People thinking we’re only referring to this forum but we’re not. I don’t do Facebook but have heard that it’s the worst place for utterly miserable moaners and complainers, I see enough on Twitter though. Must be a symptom of all the crap we have witnessed and experienced in the past but we need to recognise all of the positive changes that have happened at the club.

Or maybe they’re just Bluenoses?? 🤣

villa tweeted about duran's FPL price earlier and literally was tweet after tweet of "sign some players!"

• Sad 1

We’re often left disappointed I think when it comes to transfer windows. The summer window was horrendous, and now this one hasn’t been ideal at all. It’s a missed opportunity (again) to press on and finally try and get somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I think we have tried to get people in, but they just aren’t interested in the project at the minute. If we can try and push up the league somehow with this squad, then that might help us in the summer. Otherwise we will just be aiming to sit still with squad players. 

Shame really. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

For some, it seems football is purely about the transfers. The results seem to be secondary. Once a player signs, he is forgotten about and people move onto the next position that needs 'upgrading'. No interest in seeing existing players improve or being coached better. Just need that hit of a signing like a skag head needs his fix. 

Apologies for the dramatic post - been a tough day! :D 

Then they should probably play FIFA Career mode the . I've sold all our youngsters and now have Gabriel Jesus and Bellingham struggling to get in the starting 11 and moaning about it lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

54 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm completely happy if we don't sign anyone to be honest 

If it meant we got our number 1 targets in the summer me too

Don't compromise during this window and start dropping down the shopping list, go back in the summer

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We’re often left disappointed I think when it comes to transfer windows. The summer window was horrendous, and now this one hasn’t been ideal at all. It’s a missed opportunity (again) to press on and finally try and get somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I think we have tried to get people in, but they just aren’t interested in the project at the minute. If we can try and push up the league somehow with this squad, then that might help us in the summer. Otherwise we will just be aiming to sit still with squad players. 

Shame really. 

Have I missed something? Has the window closed?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Shame really. 

What Are You Talking About GIFs | Tenor

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Shame really. 

Not sure you can call a window in which we got Boubacar Kamara on a free “horrendous”. 

Can’t stand this “opportunity to press on” bollocks either. The players that fit the system and who are worth getting are either available or not. If they’re not, they ain’t coming and we wait until they are.

Edited by Steero113

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Kamara & Carlos were horrendous???

That’s two players… in a squad which largely failed! Plus we have seen Carlos, what, for two games?… we don’t know how he is going to work out yet.. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

That’s two players… in a squad which largely failed! Plus we have seen Carlos, what, for two games?… we don’t know how he is going to work out yet.. 

2 pretty good players and i think we both know Carlos will be awesome. Certainly not "horrendous"

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

2 pretty good players and i think we both know Carlos will be awesome. Certainly not "horrendous"

I didn’t call those players horrendous, I said the transfer window was horrendous. There is a difference 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I didn’t call those players horrendous, I said the transfer window was horrendous. There is a difference 

Not really, their arrivals mean it wasn't horrendous and we are definitely not done this window