January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be surprised if any PL side wants Nakamba, he’s been here 3 and a half years now and has only really been a bit part player for us which shows he isn’t really good enough for the league. He’d have been OK for a promoted side in the summer perhaps as a cheap PL experienced squad player but as a mid season addition I can’t see him adding much value to any PL team.

Not sure if Championship teams could take his wages, or if he would want to drop down either. I could see him at a mid or bottom half French side or back to a secondary European league like Belgium, Netherlands or Turkey, but those clubs have no money hence why he’s probably still here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

I’d be surprised if any PL side wants Nakamba, he’s been here 3 and a half years now and has only really been a bit part player for us which shows he isn’t really good enough for the league. He’d have been OK for a promoted side in the summer perhaps as a cheap PL experienced squad player but as a mid season addition I can’t see him adding much value to any PL team.

Not sure if Championship teams could take his wages, or if he would want to drop down either. I could see him at a mid or bottom half French side or back to a secondary European league like Belgium, Netherlands or Turkey, but those clubs have no money hence why he’s probably still here.

Teams get desperate so who knows! PL experience and all that.  We brought Chambers or example, on a free but can’t imagine would be much and relegation candidate sides or teams with no money look at somebody like Nakamba as cheap both fee and wages, PL experience and available.  Yes he’ll probably go abroad but wouldn’t surprise me if he did end up at a desperate PL team.

• Like 1

I'd rather go with what we have instead of overpaying but obviously would prefer 1 or 2 signings. We'll get one I'm about 90% confident of. I just loathe the kind of money blown on the likes of Digne and Coutinho  it just hampers us in the long run. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Laid back Emery plays it cool in the transfer market, the Spaniard who's made a succesful start to his Villa reign taking sixteen points from a possible twenty-one, wants to add reinforcements to his Villa squad but is no mood to stockpile players for the sake of it, players will only be added if they're better than what he already has or if they offer his team a different dimension.

This reads like it's been copy pasted from an article

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep, the rumours have really dried up. There might be a surprise or some late activity but we could have missed out on those we wanted and be sticking to plan to wait until summer. 
Bit underwhelming but I do actually trust them to do the right thing this time. 

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The rate our players are being shipped out and not replaced.....

I reckon we will have more splinters on the bench than first team players😅

I’m free to sit on the bench. I can do some stretches down the touch line a couple of times to look real.  I’d be a free transfer as well.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I made a post last week saying people should relax. 

I'm starting to feel a hypocrite. 

I still think we'll sign at least 1 more but I did kind of expect something a bit more concrete by now. 

seems a bit like the summer...but unless we know the thinking, its hard to comment.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Next season, could someone run an FM save with Villa where the season moves one day for each real day? Then, when the transfer window comes around, VT could serve as the transfer committee. 

**** that i'm not being told i'm panic buying just cause i submitted a bid on the 24th jan!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

I think you're right. I hope he invests well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Superb post.

Bloke has loan with us paying a chunk of his wages written all over him. 

If he has settled in the country, he’d do a good job for a good championship side. Otherwise, he’ll be linked to a club in Qatar, but end up signing for loan for one of those clubs in Turkey that aren’t Besiktas, Fener or Galatasaray. He’ll do okay for a season, we’ll release him from his contract and he’ll sign with them permanently. 

Move to ‘other football’.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'd rather go with what we have instead of overpaying but obviously would prefer 1 or 2 signings. We'll get one I'm about 90% confident of. I just loathe the kind of money blown on the likes of Digne and Coutinho  it just hampers us in the long run. 

Similarly, I have PTSD related to the 18M+ we paid for Traore when we could have gotten him for much, much cheaper. Lyon were desperate to move him. Seems everyone but Villa knew it. Part of the reason I am skeptical about Lange and shudder when our fans think 10M for Dembele  or 50M for Luiz Henrique is a good deal. It's monopoly money to some, I guess.

Edited by nepal_villan

Six days of the transfer window to go, so if we're to get Emery's three wished for positions, midfielder, winger, and striker, then from now on either every day is going to have to be a new signing day or new signing eve, or we will have days when we sign more than one player. Players to leave as well, and others to go on loan, so in theory should be a busy week coming up.