January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Gregg Evans rarely gets any transfer news right and, judging by some of the ludicrous ones he puts out, suspect he is being trolled by his sources. 

Gregg also said we were interested in Memphis Depay - on what planet would that happen on? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Very happy to sign no one if no deal is right. No more massive wastes of money or being lumped with stop gaps in huge wages. We aren’t likely to achieve anything this season or be relegated so what’s the rush. 

We shall get those who would help us in the longer term rather only short term. So guendozzi or Hernandez would be really good signings. 

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Very happy to sign no one if no deal is right. No more massive wastes of money or being lumped with stop gaps in huge wages. We aren’t likely to achieve anything this season or be relegated so what’s the rush. 

I agree with the first part, but we very much can achieve by getting in and around europa places this season. 

• Like 1

I think another aspect to this that no one has discussed yet is the impact on development of existing players if we don't sign anyone else. It means we'll probably have to play our first team in every match for the rest of the season, barring a few midfield changes. 

Will this lead to additional fatigue, injury and hampering of development? 

Will we use youth players way off the pace of PL football, and will that hamper their physical and psychological development?

I don't know but it seems reasonable to me to ask the question.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure but as soon as JG signed his new contract, he reported on the release clause but nobody would believe him.

he mentioned 100m too and was absolutely rinsed for it

it's about the only thing he's gotten right, but no one can argue that he did in fact get it spot on

Appreciate that obviously players should not be signed for the sake of it etc but against Southampton the bench featured two goalkeepers and a player who has since departed. The squad could do with getting at least a couple of the right deals done before the end of the window.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Feel the same unless it's on our terms i'd rather see out the season with the squad we have then spend in the summer, Dembélé for 5mil would be a suitable replacement for Ings though, and Deulofeu in on under 70k a week which still trebles his current wage apparantely would be good business as long as it's a 3 yr contract. Luiz Henrique has gone from 20 mil to 50 mil in the matter of days............no thanks!

Would be really surprised if Guendouzi happened this window.

However watch 4 totally unreported leftfield transfers happen over the next few days that include none of the above!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Preece makes up a load of stuff too, but at least it’s coming from the position of being a fan.

he actually doesn't though. he never claims exclusives. pretty much everything that comes out of the mail, if you read the articles, says things like "as reported by....."

they know where they sit in the pecking order for clubs giving out info and they know they will very very rarely get anything, so they don't claim that they do.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gregg also said we were interested in Memphis Depay - on what planet would that happen on? 

I heard Gregg is preparing an article saying that we are going to hijack PSGs attempt to extend Messi's contract. Martinez connection is key to the deal.