January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd much rather sign nobody now and wait until the summer, than panic buy and sign the wrong players.

Agreed. Buying players/plugging positions for the sake of it is what caused us to have a squad comprised of the sub-standard players we're currently trying to offload.

Bring the right players in, for the right money, and at the right time. If need be, plug the gaps with a few loans until the summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

McKennie potentially on his way to Leeds now. Funny because the claims were he was aiming a lot higher. 🤣

Shows we were never in for him and it was all speculation. Obviously has the american connection with marsch too

Probably not where we should use the money, but Onana from Everton will become the next big thing in my opinion. I believe he will be a great success for whoever picks him up, and I would say €50m is a steal for him. Everton probably looking to sell due to relegation clause and they would rather secure the money now, and I am surprised clubs like United, Liverpool etc isnt joining Arsenal in trying to get him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

McKennie potentially on his way to Leeds now. Funny because the claims were he was aiming a lot higher. 🤣

Good, his potential a couple of years ago would have made it exciting but he's been pretty poor in a slower league, he could still be a very good player but at the quoted price and inevitable high-wages of signing a Juve player, I'd rather we went elsewhere.

Not a bad signing for Leeds but one I'm happy we haven't made

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lee Kang-in has removed Mallorca from his Instagram bio and unfollowed the club 

Hopefully Newcastle are distracted with Anthony Gordon and we can get this done and sorted.

But I just don't think Kang-in is-in Claret & Blue come Feb. Hope he is though

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Good, his potential a couple of years ago would have made it exciting but he's been pretty poor in a slower league, he could still be a very good player but at the quoted price and inevitable high-wages of signing a Juve player, I'd rather we went elsewhere.

Not a bad signing for Leeds but one I'm happy we haven't made

I was never that excited by the links to McKennie, as you said he's not done great in a poorer league.  I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade on McGinn.

59 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Nothing wrong with not signing anyone else and waiting for the summer window. I’m interested to see how if at all the current squad develops under Emery.

Yeah I feel like if we go with what we've got Emery will have all the data he needs to make decisions. It would be bad for two signings coming in now and immediately Buendia and Bailey are dropped to the bench.