January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Looked like Dembele had a good season in 2021/22, 21 goals and 4 assists in roughly 25 games worth of minutes.  If Lacazette got brought in to take his role I can see why this season hasn't gone so well.  He looks a unit and got 4 years on Ings, plus counts as home grown.

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Staggering to think some would accuse one of the most decorated, elite managers in European football of having no plan after selling Ings 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think it's aimed more at the club than Emery. That said I'm assuming he has a say in who stays and goes so...assume someone is coming in.

I personally think they're all in on targeting Jonathan David from Lille in the summer.

For now I can see them looking at getting two versatile forwards/wingers who, for the remainder of the season, can deputise for Watkins (who is Emery's first choice like it or not), can rotate with Bailey in the role he's currently playing as the second forward, or can stretch the field horizontally by being comfortable playing "with his heels on the sideline".

I would expect one of these to be a more seasoned veteran, and the other to be someone younger who Emery sees as more of a project he can work on.

Alongside another central midfielder, I think three more signings this window are still to come now.

I’d have to laugh if we actually got David. Reminds me so much of Ollie. More skillful and two footed but just as hard working, can run the channels, hold it up and link play but no real conviction in front of goal. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Or would it be someone  that has done it in the past but had struggled with injury or poor form? E.g. Bamford (yuk). 

I've just projectile vomited over my cat from a good five yards away ..... thanks for that !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Staggering to think some would accuse one of the most decorated, elite managers in European football of having no plan after selling Ings 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't think many people are.  I think the point that most people were making in response to some posts that "if we've been offered £15 million for Ings then we should sell him immediately" is that selling him without a plan to strengthen would not be a good idea.  I assume that we do have a plan and will be making a signing pretty soon in which case this could be a very good deal.  BUT we've assumed before that there was a plan and there hasn't been (or at least not a very good one!).

28 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Jeez....Bamford 🤮as much as he can finish well, I'd hate that ratboy at VP

I can just imagine the Leeds fans reaction:), but I don't think he would want to join us in any case (until they get relegated:D) and he is injury prone isn't he?

• Like 1