January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I would assume he'd play in the Bailey role? the deeper forward.  Or can he play in midfield?

That's kind of what he's been doing for Udinese but he could also play in one of the attacking roles in behind as well, where JJ, Buendia and McGinn have played. 

Would be a big fan were this to be true.

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Anyone thinking Delofeu is an upgrade on Buendia or Coutinho, are in for a serious disappointment. 

He's quicker. We also need options. He always impressed me when I saw him play.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I would wait for Delofeu to the summer.  Why would you buy a player who has been out injured for 3 months, especially given his age and injury history 

We wouldn't be in for him if he was still out long term, he must be close to returning.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We wouldn't be in for him if he was still out long term, he must be close to returning.

He may be, why take a crazy risk though.  He hasn’t trained yet so I doubt he will be ready for at least a few weeks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

He may be, why take a crazy risk though.  He hasn’t trained yet so I doubt he will be ready for at least a few weeks 

Who knows. Keeping our options open, I guess.  Could just be the agent making noise to get other clubs interested.  Linked with Deulofeu and Danjuma, it will be one or the other I reckon. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

According to WhoScored, Jhon Duran's "weakness" is his discipline.

We're then also linked to Guendouzi and Deulofeu.

Emery just giving himself some work to do, eh?! ;) 

Yeah even one of the MLS journalist guys said he's a hot head/passionate.

Not sure why, but Delofeu feels like the Digne signing to me. Maybe its the Everton link, similar age, similar fee, niggling injuries. They actually look quite similar too funnily enough. But do trust Emery, so hopefully if he signs hes exactly what we need.

• Like 1

Guendouzi and McKennie noise coming straight out of the Lange playbook.  Quiet on Guendouzi (Target 1) with loads of noise (including fee) around McKennie (Target 2).  Noise on Target 2 (Also see Calum Wilson) putting pressure on Club and player ref Target 1 (Also see Ollie Watkins).

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah even one of the MLS journalist guys said he's a hot head/passionate.

Probably mostly down to youth mate. 

18 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not sure why, but Delofeu feels like the Digne signing to me. Maybe its the Everton link, similar age, similar fee, niggling injuries. They actually look quite similar too funnily enough. But do trust Emery, so hopefully if he signs hes exactly what we need.

Similar fee, is the fee already set? I'd expect Deolefeu to be quite cheap at least, 10m or so?