January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Watched a few Northern Ireland U16 games and Cole Brannigan looks a good player, not saying he's as good obviously but similar style to Foden, has had trial at most of the big clubs in England, including Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool, but looks like we're signing him. Calum Moreland only fifteen but already played for Northern Ireland at U17 level

39 minutes ago, messi11 said:

FPL Lyric. He may know nothing about football, He may no nothing about Villa.  Probz just a kid from the USA. 
One thing I 100% know he got a close source at Villa. he's a legit ITK. 

Welcome to VillaTalk, FPL Lyric! :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think people realise that with some of those comments, he is being sarcastic and/or trolling in response to comments on his posts?

Oh I agree he’s trolling for that but he’s also trolling/attention seeking on the links yet some of our fans are hanging on his words.  He takes his account down regularly, deletes many any tweets that are wrong so his record looks good, he’s sensitive to people asking questions and as you said he’s sarcastic.  

With all the secrecy at Villa regarding our transfers/recruitment and small amount of really professional people that ever know, that this guy, with all the above, is somebody who would be in the inner circle? Not a chance!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Watched a few Northern Ireland U16 games and Cole Brannigan looks a good player, not saying he's as good obviously but similar style to Foden, has had trial at most of the big clubs in England, including Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool, but looks like we're signing him. Calum Moreland only fifteen but already played for Northern Ireland at U17 level

Never seen Brannigan play but he does seem to be a talent from the little i have found.  And Moreland is a boy mountain.  There was an article somewhere last week where their manager confirned both were coming to Villa. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Never seen Brannigan play but he does seem to be a talent from the little i have found.  And Moreland is a boy mountain.  There was an article somewhere last week where their manager confirned both were coming to Villa. 

I've never seen Brannigan play but I already know he's better than Sanson

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The more I think about it, the more I think Lyric is a fraud:

• Sarr - There were a lot of rumors flying around Twitter and Reddit about the deal being off before the mainstream media picked it up.  I don't think he was the first to break the news.
  • Emery - I remember distinctly that there was an obscure Spanish reporter on Twitter speculating a few weeks before Gerrard was sacked that Nassef Sawiris was in Villarreal speaking to Emery about becoming the Villa boss.  I remember this getting dismissed by most Villa supporters on Twitter as nonsense because "this would be something the CEO/DOF would be handling and not Sawiris himself."  We know after the fact that this did indeed happen and the Emery appointment was in the works for some time.  Lyric did say that Emery was our first choice with Thomas Frank the backup a few days after Gerrard got the sack, but then said the following week we missed out on both of them because we "left it too late" because Frank signed a new deal and Emery would not leave Villarreal because their VP passed away and didn't want to leave in the middle of the season.  Only after the mainstream media got wind of Emery did he actually go out on a limb and say the deal was confirmed and would be announced "soon"...  It was announced several days later.
  • Douglas Luiz - Saying he's going to sign a new contract then eventually months later he actually signs it isn't insider info, sorry.  
  • Deleted posts - He deletes a lot of stuff, case in point being that we won't sign anyone this January before getting rid of the Tweet.

A genuine ITK doesn't need to gloat or rub it in the face of every other Villa supporter as much as he does.  #SmallDickEnergy

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, messi11 said:

That’s quite a lot of money for someone who only has 2 goals in his entire senior career. 

have no idea if he’s had enough hype behind him at youth level to justify that fee. That’s about the same price we sold carney for and even that seemed a high fee.

• Like 1

Not gonna bother speculating in itks as who knows. But my general impression is we will spend some money but not a huge amount.

I think the big rebuild occurs in the summer.

Lets be real we aint getting europe and we are not going down so all we can do is see what emery can do with these lot with some additional support.  For me alot of players are playjng for their shirt. That includes mings cash mcginn and digne

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Lyric is a fraud:

• Sarr - There were a lot of rumors flying around Twitter and Reddit about the deal being off before the mainstream media picked it up.  I don't think he was the first to break the news.
  • Emery - I remember distinctly that there was an obscure Spanish reporter on Twitter speculating a few weeks before Gerrard was sacked that Nassef Sawiris was in Villarreal speaking to Emery about becoming the Villa boss.  I remember this getting dismissed by most Villa supporters on Twitter as nonsense because "this would be something the CEO/DOF would be handling and not Sawiris himself."  We know after the fact that this did indeed happen and the Emery appointment was in the works for some time.  Lyric did say that Emery was our first choice with Thomas Frank the backup a few days after Gerrard got the sack, but then said the following week we missed out on both of them because we "left it too late" because Frank signed a new deal and Emery would not leave Villarreal because their VP passed away and didn't want to leave in the middle of the season.  Only after the mainstream media got wind of Emery did he actually go out on a limb and say the deal was confirmed and would be announced "soon"...  It was announced several days later.
  • Douglas Luiz - Saying he's going to sign a new contract then eventually months later he actually signs it isn't insider info, sorry.  
  • Deleted posts - He deletes a lot of stuff, case in point being that we won't sign anyone this January before getting rid of the Tweet.

A genuine ITK doesn't need to gloat or rub it in the face of every other Villa supporter as much as he does.  #SmallDickEnergy

im not one for believing ITKs, but it was the emery thing that made me take notice. he nailed his flag to the mast that morning saying that he was our new manager and would be announced pending work permit. he was announced the following day. few media were even talking about emery at that time. a few of us on here i seem to remember (including myself) made a few quid out of it as the odds were still fairly decent. whether or not he is ITK about all things villa, i'm willing to accept he knew that deal was done.

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

im not one for believing ITKs, but it was the emery thing that made me take notice. he nailed his flag to the mast that morning saying that he was our new manager and would be announced pending work permit. he was announced the following day. few media were even talking about emery at that time. a few of us on here i seem to remember (including myself) made a few quid out of it as the odds were still fairly decent. whether or not he is ITK about all things villa, i'm willing to accept he knew that deal was done.

3 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

As far as I can tell (he's deactivated his account now!) he first tweeted about Emery 24th Oct. So three days after this guy:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

Still, No permanent transfers for Villa this Jan

Which people will absolutely lose their shit over... But it's probably about right...the one or two or seven players we need to push us up to 7th aren't happening in January

Unless the right player falls in to our lap we don't chase it or force it, we aren't doing anything this season

Have another proper look at it all in the summer

Another write off of a season

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which people will absolutely lose their shit over... But it's probably about right...the one or two or seven players we need to push us up to 7th aren't happening in January

Unless the right player falls in to our lap we don't chase it or force it, we aren't doing anything this season

Have another proper look at it all in the summer

Another write off of a season

We have a good enough squad and good enough manager to challenge for top half and maybe even sneak into the top 8. Fa cup game next week. Writing off the season after 15 games being played is silly talk.

• Like 1

Other noted Fpl_Lyric rubbish:

Luiz wants to leave, signs new deal (link)

Deleted tweet claiming Bailey wouldn't play against Arsenal on Aug 31 (link). Bailey did (link).

Boasted and joked about Bednarek not joining on loan (link)

Claimed Marcus Thuram was a big target (link) weeks ago, only now claim there's no funds? C'mon.

Very spurious claims about Poch and the job in August (link) and here. He dangled Poch "news" for weeks to hungry followers (link). Other Poch nonsense.

Screenshot-2022-12-30-at-18-51-27-joey-on-Twitter

I cannot find the deleted tweet, but several called him out for saying Bissouma was a done deal (here, here and here).

Why would a "Villa ITK" run polls about if Bamford or Rodrigo should start for Leeds (link).

Used to tweet under Joey_fpl and denied so (despite screenshots of a tweet claiming 4 days earlier Unai was not coming).

Laughably claimed to be a "Villa intern" (link). My colleagues in Birmingham tell me things (link).

• Thanks 3