January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

36 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Saw earlier that Adama Traore's contract will be up at Wolves too, maybe he'll feel he has unfinished business here or will head off to Barca or somewhere similar?

I’d take the slimmer 19 year old long sleeved version of him under a good manager. But the current one meehhh.

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We’re not exactly spoilt for choice in terms of wing options. On a free its a no brainer for a team like us.

Is he? What about the £19m forward we have out on loan in Turkey? I don’t think Traore offers anything other than raw pace and I believe there’s better options out there even if he is free. Adama has 9 goals in 172 premier league appearances, Bertrand has 10 in 55. I think if we are going to sign some pace and power it should be a quality addition.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Saw earlier that Adama Traore's contract will be up at Wolves too, maybe he'll feel he has unfinished business here or will head off to Barca or somewhere similar?

He will go to whoever offers him the most money. He's never really been consistent enough at any club (including ours) since he left Barcelona. He has speed and ability, but doesn't show both of them at the same time often enough. He's back at Barcelona on loan now, with an option to re-sign for them. I suspect that he will put the pull of Las Ramblas above the pull of The One Stop and if he has any unfinished business it will be more likely to be there, than with us.  

8 minutes ago, John said:

He will go to whoever offers him the most money. He's never really been consistent enough at any club (including ours) since he left Barcelona. He has speed and ability, but doesn't show both of them at the same time often enough. He's back at Barcelona on loan now, with an option to re-sign for them. I suspect that he will put the pull of Las Ramblas above the pull of The One Stop and if he has any unfinished business it will be more likely to be there, than with us.  

He was there at the end of last season, is back at Wolves now and played in their last game against Le Arse.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No way on earth would I want Adama Traore back.

He’s a headless chicken and a raw pace merchant with very little end product.

He barely progressed from what he was when he joined us other than trying to emulate Akinfenwa in the Fifa physicality ratings.

83205429-9311-4504-8644-46E56DEEAF25.jpeg.82b5fdcdf4862d06b110dadb59c9b381.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1

43 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Is he? What about the £19m forward we have out on loan in Turkey? I don’t think Traore offers anything other than raw pace and I believe there’s better options out there even if he is free. Adama has 9 goals in 172 premier league appearances, Bertrand has 10 in 55. I think if we are going to sign some pace and power it should be a quality addition.

Bring back Bertie

Traore is shite, always has been but he's exciting which clouds people's judgement

He's a typical brain dead footballer who doesn't play to his own strengths or know what he's good at, doesn't play on the shoulder or look to run the channels he comes deep looking for the ball and wants to take a man on rather than his movement being good enough to leave the man for dead long before the pass is made

He's the only player I've ever seen slow the ball down so that he can stand a defender up and then try and accelerate past him

He doesn't need to take anyone on, just run and let the pass do all the work but he can't see it or doesn't want to do it, must be infuriating for wolves because with neves and moutinho they had passers who could pick him out all day long

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

my lord there is some talent on a free this summer.

Skriniar, Rashford, Tielemans, Jorginho, Zaha, Dalot, Ndicka, Trossard, Lemar, Thuram, Kamada, Moukoko, Laimer, Depay, Aouar, Brereton Diaz, Ceballos, Khedira.....the list goes on......

I hope we can secure one or two (or three)! 😁

Would surprise me to see Brereton Diaz rock up at Villa....... Villareal have had strong interest for a while if you believe the press......... 

I think quite a few will have CL suitors, but you never know, but realistically Thuram, Ceballos worth a punt

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No way on earth would I want Adama Traore back.

He’s a headless chicken and a raw pace merchant with very little end product.

He barely progressed from what he was when he joined us other than trying to emulate Akinfenwa in the Fifa physicality ratings.

New style of play to try play a tactical and technical game

Suggested 1st signing man with zero football ability. 😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Traore is shite, always has been but he's exciting which clouds people's judgement

He's a typical brain dead footballer who doesn't play to his own strengths or know what he's good at, doesn't play on the shoulder or look to run the channels he comes deep looking for the ball and wants to take a man on rather than his movement being good enough to leave the man for dead long before the pass is made

He's the only player I've ever seen slow the ball down so that he can stand a defender up and then try and accelerate past him

He doesn't need to take anyone on, just run and let the pass do all the work but he can't see it or doesn't want to do it, must be infuriating for wolves because with neves and moutinho they had passers who could pick him out all day long

Don’t you dare talk about Bertie…..

….reads whole post….

oh yeah Adama Traore is shit.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Traore on a free, on decent wages, is surely a decent addition provided we get rid of a fair few in the process!?

For some reason, I've always liked him. 

Even when he refused to play for us?

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Don’t you dare talk about Bertie…..

….reads whole post….

oh yeah Adama Traore is shit.

Bertie is the opposite, his skill is in coming short and doing the unexpected and beating his man

Adama you know what he's going to do but he's so fast you can't stop it but he stops it himself with how he lines up, he's the one who gives the defender the chance, it's stupid

Bertie is a better player

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bertie is the opposite, his skill is in coming short and doing the unexpected and beating his man

Adama you know what he's going to do but he's so fast you can't stop it but he stops it himself with how he lines up, he's the one who gives the defender the chance, it's stupid

Bertie is a better player

He may well be, but he's still not good enough. 

• Like 1