January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

11 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

No way Nakamba and McGinn stay. I can see him give Sanson some time since he likes him.

Yeah Nakamba and McGinn can go, to make room for another top midfielder with Sanson replacing McGinn.

When I think about it, the fact that SG pretty much wagered his career on one of our worst performers consistently is mental.

I Don't even think it was gross negligence... More just pig headed stubbornness 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Where is this Thuram talk coming from? Not sure why some fans think he would be a good signing, similar age to Watkins and similar scoring record albeit in inferior leagues. We need upgrades not like for like replacements. 

IMHO I think Thuram would be ace for us but anything above him and we’re talking silly money. I’d love Lautaro Martinez from Inter but he’d cost upwards of 80-90+m and wouldn’t probably come to us. 

We either risk a gamble like Thuram, get an unproven diamond in the rough (if we can find one) or trust in youth (Archer).

I quite like Gouiri at Nice but again he might be a bit light weight for the premier league. 

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah Nakamba and McGinn can go, to make room for another top midfielder with Sanson replacing McGinn.

When I think about it, the fact that SG pretty much wagered his career on one of our worst performers consistently is mental.

I Don't even think it was gross negligence... More.jiat.pif headed stubbornness 🤦🏿‍♂️

I say this then he starts McGinn 😂

6 hours ago, Tayls said:

Wonder if we could sign Kyogu Furahashi from Celtic. Decent striker and there are commercial benefits as well. 

He started well up there and is good at that level but is not good enough for the Premier League. Plus he is nearly 28. Reo Hatate is probably the pick of their Japanese players at this stage but he is a bit lightweight. Could step up to higher levels though.

6 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Are we sure he likes Sanson, he's given Mcginn more minutes in both games so far.

Well he liked him during his time at PSG and he’s had nothing but positive comments about him since he got to Villa. Plus McGinn has been playing all year, Sanson hasn’t played since what, last season? I can’t even remember the last time he played, let alone started prior to Unai. He’s out of game form but who knows, we will see.

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well he liked him during his time at PSG and he’s had nothing but positive comments about him since he got to Villa. Plus McGinn has been playing all year, Sanson hasn’t played since what, last season? I can’t even remember the last time he played, let alone started prior to Unai. He’s out of game form but who knows, we will see.

Another week where he didn't get off the bench. Not looking to point score but I'm not really seeing evidence that he rates Sanson.

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Another week where he didn't get off the bench. Not looking to point score but I'm not really seeing evidence that he rates Sanson.

It’s not promising but it’s still only been 3 games and he’s played in one of them. We will see what happens after the WC break though. If he isn’t getting game time I’d be surprised if he is still here after January.

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s not promising but it’s still only been 3 games and he’s played in one of them. We will see what happens after the WC break though. If he isn’t getting game time I’d be surprised if he is still here after January.

I agree, I'd expect us to move on a central midfielders to bring in another. It could be Luiz (most sellable), Sanson (not playing but struggled to find suitors), Mcginn (getting minutes, not fancies by the fan base)

Can't remember who was on about it, but Jan transfer windows are notorious for picking up crap, and post world cup transfers the same, so post world cup Jan transfer window signings could be the worst of all time 👍👍