Pre match thread

VillaChris

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

What a very strange place VillaTalk has become. I feel at the very least it should change its name to #hateGerrardandeverythinghedoesevenbeforehedoesitTalk#

The line up is picked therefore he has done something and the backlash is rightly deserved..

• Like 1

Gerrard trying to justify his selection of coutinho with the training ground comments.

Give benefit of the doubt with the training comment, performances on match day also matter. He doesn’t deserve to come in essentially for Luiz to allow Ramsey to move back I assume.

I’ll be honest, it really feels like any points here will be a Pyrrhic victory. He hasn’t shown any growth with learning about playing / substitutions (continuously playing Ramsey & McGinn together) despite clear evidence that partnership isn’t a long term one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

What a very strange place VillaTalk has become. I feel at the very least it should change its name to #hateGerrardandeverythinghedoesevenbeforehedoesitTalk#

While there are certainly some people around here who hate everything SG does, most of the complaints in this thread have been about the McGinn-Ramsey combination, which is a valid complaint and SG's biggest blind spot.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I like to whack myself with nettles before and after a home game, just to take the edge off

Whereas I like to take a large quantity of horse tranquilisers before, during and after a home game and an away game. I guess we Villa fans have different ways of dealing with the stress, and that's fine. 

Actually, maybe I should try the nettle whacking.

• Haha 1