Pre match thread

VillaChris

Ah the broken clock method, used so successfully for the slippy one. Repeatedly play the worst midfield combo possible in terms of results and hope that in 24 attempts, it is correct once so he can claim the players for once did what he asked.

I predict Che Adams, a crap forward to get a couple in this one as their midfield and forwards repeatedly split our piss poor midfield.

A win would prove nothing other than this bin dippers theory of it must eventually work once.

Utterly bizarre selection that. I am still Gerrard in but it’s really hard to think of any rationale behind that. Obviously we don’t know the tactics to be employed but I doubt anyone will be surprised if Saints keep hurting us on the break!

This is a big night for Gerrard. I really hoped he’d learned his lesson but this would suggest not. If more of the same is served up today then I suspect my patience will run out. Hopefully he proves us all wrong. UTV. COYVB 

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Gerrard's been hauling McGinn off earlier and earlier in games. I think maybe he finally realises that it isn't working. It's amazing how much more solid we look in midfield simply with Luiz in place of McGinn.

I'm preparing myself to be disappointed though.

It was wise to prepare yourself. The guys a first rate fkwit

I hesitate to make such a prediction because Soton's defense could have a bad day, but...I predict we score no goals until one of the midfielders is substituted.

I predict that, barring injury, SG will not substitute any of the midfielders until at least the 65th minute.

I predict that, if we do nip a goal with this midfield, it will be on the counter and the midfield will play no role or a minimal role (except maybe Kamara).

Edited by TomC
Added comment about Kamara

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Utterly bizarre selection that. I am still Gerrard in but it’s really hard to think of any rationale behind that. Obviously we don’t know the tactics to be employed but I doubt anyone will be surprised if Saints keep hurting us on the break!

This is a big night for Gerrard. I really hoped he’d learned his lesson but this would suggest not. If more of the same is served up today then I suspect my patience will run out. Hopefully he proves us all wrong. UTV. COYVB 

You are like the shopkeeper in the dead parrot sketch. There is no hope with Gerrard, it is just a question on how much damage he are allowed to do before he is sacked.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't like pre moaning about lineups, as sometimes they work, but I can't help but be mightily annoyed.

What is going to make this work now?

Is McGinn good again?

Anyway, if it's shit again he's only crucifying himself.

It's baffling how he has not realized what we can all see, maybe this is mcginn s night but can't help thinking Dougie should be in there.