Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Our fight for Europe is with Spurs & it will be for the conference league, Brighton have 2 games in hand & 2 very favourable fixtures in Everton & Southampton I think at home. & to be honest Brighton deserve the Europa league at the very least, outstanding season  

Sixth still a possibility, although obviously less likely. Man Utd at home was the easiest of the four difficult games they have left. They lose to the other three, beat Southampton and Everton, 61 points.

Have to win three of the four now though, especially the Brighton one.

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I think thats Europe over. 

Brighton 1 point ahead of us and 2 games in hand. 

Spurs aren't as bad as people make out. 

Spurs was always the weakest link,  if we can't win against him we would likely not be getting into Europe in first place. 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It is over they have two games in hand are are effectively two points ahead.

I mean it’s going to be tough as hell and unlikely but Brighton still have Arsenal, City, Newcastle and then á 6 pointer against us. Let’s see.

Just now, bose said:

I mean it’s going to be tough as hell and unlikely but Brighton still have Arsenal, City, Newcastle and then á 6 pointer against us. Let’s see.

It's done. Time to let it go. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bose said:

Mate it is over. We have more chance of finishing 9th than finishing 6th now

Nothing much has changed, I've been saying all along* we were going to finish below Brighton. We are in a straight fight with Spurs for 7th, and we're very much underdogs for it because their fixtures are easier. 

*Actually, hands up, this is ridiculous masala, I've been saying it for maybe a week. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2