Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Either liverpool or spurs are going to drop points today

Even if Liverpool drop points, they still have a game in hand and a far superior goal difference plus only 1 point behind us.

Best result for us is a Liverpool win, closely followed by a draw.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

We can still try but I don't see us winning every game and Liverpool, Brighton with games in hand.

We don't need to win every game, Spurs will drop points. It's made it harder but hardly unexpected. 

Itll be hard next year as well, so giving up hope now seems silly

United at home have lost 1 in 16 (at the start of the season), for the record. It was always going to be a big ask to get anything out of this game, even though we were on good form. It happens. Onwards to the next game.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There is, but I don't know why you'd come in minutes after the game and post something like that, it read like you're almost happy we lost just so you can gloat that some people were wrong. Was a weird post that doesn't look great, honestly.

Why would i be happy we lost? That makes no sense. Maybe the laugh emoji i can see shouldnt have been added.

But i still maintain my point we were never getting Cl. I consistently said that and was told being negative.

There is a difference  etween being realistic and negative

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If there was another 10 games and ee had a bigger squad it was more realistic but there was no chance it was happening this year.

I dont blame people for getting excited but it was unrealistic. We are miles away from CL at the mo. We will get there though hopefully

Of course but some people were hopeful for CL based on the fact we were on an unbeaten run and how many points we were behind 4th. Obviously it would’ve been unrealistic when you factor in strength of fixtures and games in hand. However I would never knock anyone for hoping, I highly doubt anyone would think our season is shit as well for not getting in the top 4 considering how much of a rollercoaster we’ve had this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Life-long Liverpool fan today. I think we are finishing below them no matter what, but we can beat out Spurs IMO. 

I would rather attach my balls to a car battery that support Liverpool. I hate them more that small heath and that's saying something!! 

Let's be honest, the odds are stacked now, I think we will finish 8th,

Spurs will pick up points, they came back against Manure. 

Brighton have games in hand and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Newcastle. 

Liverpool - spawny scummy scousers will get 5th. 

We should be proud of the team a top 8 finish is still good and builds foundations for next season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Of course but some people were hopeful for CL based on the fact we were on an unbeaten run and how many points we were behind 4th. Obviously it would’ve been unrealistic when you factor in strength of fixtures and games in hand. However I would never knock anyone for hoping, I highly doubt anyone would think our season is shit as well for not getting in the top 4 considering how much of a rollercoaster we’ve had this season.

Its been a great season even if ee finish 8th. It would be disappointing of course to miss out if that were case but im absolutely delighted with what emery has done.

Just feel we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. The warning signs were there fulham were we were extremely poor.

We look vulnerable and fatigue is kicking in you can see it. That utd team were there for the taking and we failed today

• Like 2