Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Man United very beatable. 
Brentford, Fulham and Manchester United all beatable

We can get 9 points in the space on 8 days again. 62 Points going into the last 4 games. 

I’d have us drawing against Utd and beating Brentford and Fulham. Brentford’s the banana skin though as they’re a good side, especially if Mbeumo and Toney have a decent game

• Like 1

Been trying to keep a lid on my expectations. A few months ago I was excited for next season to see what Don Unai could do with a full summer window and backing behind him but to be in contention for Europe at this stage was unthinkable. I still think Champions League is beyond us right now given the fixtures we have to come but we'll definitely finish top half now which was my expectation going into the season under Stevie 'the fraud' so I can't be too unhappy about how the seasons turned out regardless of what happens now.

All that being said, if we can go to Brentford and win I might start to let myself get swept up in the excitement!

Unais record in cup competitions is phenomenal.  This run-in feels like a cup run.  Just saying that I think we'll win all our remaining games that's all.  And I know i said I thought we'd lose the next two but I didn't mean it

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

VERY VERY unlikely but just imagine if we do manage 3 wins in the next week. 8 wins in a row and sitting on 59 points with 4 games to go. 

I'm already there and dreaming.

Brentford will be a much tougher game than Utd. Absolutely no doubt. If we beat Brentford, it's on.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm already there and dreaming.

Brentford will be a much tougher game than Utd. Absolutely no doubt. If we beat Brentford, it's on.

You just know we won't beat United.  Even if we batter them, VAR won't allow it.  No chance they will let us do the double over them in the league and risk their chances of top 4.

I think if we play as we did against the Geordies we can beat Brentford, even with their decent home form. 

As for Utd, Watkins will give Maguire a decent game, it’s the Rashford/Young match up that would concern me more than anything else. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, burchy said:

I think if we play as we did against the Geordies we can beat Brentford, even with their decent home form. 

As for Utd, Watkins will give Maguire a decent game, it’s the Rashford/Young match up that would concern me more than anything else. 

Id be suprised if we perform like that again. That was a close to perfection performance 

Tiney shouldnt even playing its a absolute joke

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope Spurs win tomorrow because it will keep Newcastle within our reach. I'm less concerned about Spurs, AND we play Spurs.

Nope always wanted Newcastle win or draw.