Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Chelsea are genuinely about to appoint lampard until the end of the season, that’s them out of the running for anything. 

They've got Brighton at home shortly and also play Brentford and Newcastle at Stamford Bridge before season is out so them getting a bounce wouldn't be too bad for us.

Lampard back again though....what a s***show under Boehly.

Brighton's two games in hand are against Newcastle and Man Utd. They will also have another game in hand by the end of April, but that will be against man city. Pretty tough games so that gives us more of a chance of getting ahead of them. 

Edited by Made In Aston

36 minutes ago, supermon said:

What's an ideal result on the weekend between Brighton n Spurs, draw is ideal but I want us to get 6th which means a Spurs win

Spurs are a bit of a mess though…….

35 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

To be fair to them, it's impressive what they've done when playing their hybrid RB / DM up front all season? 😉

Just now, nepal_villan said:

with Fulham, Brentford, Liverpool and Brighton left to play,  we'll basically be playing a bunch of six-pointers in the coming weeks with 6th place within our hands

6th or 7th should be our aim, anything above that is not happening unless we win all our remaining games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

If Spurs lose I can see us finishing above them (provided we beat them at VP). They'll certainly lose at Newcastle and probably Liverpool in the run in and probably won't beat Man. United at home so will be dropping plenty of points with this malaise they're in.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They've got Brighton at home shortly and also play Brentford and Newcastle at Stamford Bridge before season is out so them getting a bounce wouldn't be too bad for us.

Lampard back again though....what a s***show under Boehly.

I know. Why not just stick with Potter the rest of the season to see if he can actually turn it around? 

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I know. Why not just stick with Potter the rest of the season to see if he can actually turn it around? 

Lampard has a better win rate as Chelsea manager than Potter 😂

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They have been trying to replace Potter since november. Crazy time over there.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Spurs win is the only good result. We could catch Brighton but we won't catch Spurs.

I don’t actually think we will catch either but I’d say it’ll be easier to catch Spurs than Brighton given respective form and games played.