Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

All the doom and gloom around Kamara being injured...  CM is the only position we have depth at...  Donk is fine for us away from home and Chambers was Fulham's Player of the Season a few years back playing DM for them (my Fulham supporting mate still raves about how good he was for them that season).  I'm still confident we can get wins without Kamara.  On the other hand, if we lost Watkins for 5 games...  I wouldn't be so confident about scoring very many goals. 

Absolutely.

Dendoncker is a quality player (aside from one blip in the FA Cup).

Tactically is where the difference will be made, tweak our strategy a little, but the team is most important.

Yes Kamara is likely our Player of the Season but we have to trust other players. 

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Absolutely.

Dendoncker is a quality player (aside from one blip in the FA Cup).

Tactically is where the difference will be made, tweak our strategy a little, but the team is most important.

Yes Kamara is likely our Player of the Season but we have to trust other players. 

I think you underestimate how key Kamara is.  Yes Donck or Chambers can play there but I think we’ll see how important Kamara is with him missing.  I just hope we can still keep our run going despite it but we knew how average we were in that area before he came to the club,

25 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

What happens with toney and potentially getting banned for gambling accusations will define brentfords season

he really is crucial for them

as Kamara is to us imo, his injury is really bad timing for this push up the table.

Looking at the table I think the top 7 is going to be (in no particular order) Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle and one of Brighton/Brentford/Fulham. Would happily take a top 10 finish but Kamara missing for up to 5 games possibly is a big blow. Will end up 11th. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think you underestimate how key Kamara is.  Yes Donck or Chambers can play there but I think we’ll see how important Kamara is with him missing.  I just hope we can still keep our run going despite it but we knew how average we were in that area before he came to the club,

Not at all, he's been fantastic...

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

My point was to hope tactically Emery can get some extra quality from the likes of Dendoncker.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not at all, he's been fantastic...

My point was to hope tactically Emery can get some extra quality from the likes of Dendoncker.

Fair enough, I just think the gulf in that position is huge, not to mention the understanding him and Dougie have built up.

23 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If Kamara was fit I'd actually be optimistic about catching Newcastle, Fulham and Brentford. That would still only put us 8th.

Let's just finish really strongly and buy well in the summer.

Literally two players transformed Newcastle. If we sign two as good as Guimaraes and Botman, we finish top 7 next season. Zero doubt.

Our game against Newcastle back in October really was your typical 6 pointer! 

If we had won that game then they would be on 38 points and we would be on 37 thats just how fine the margins are right now. 

I think the existing top 5 will finish top 5 (Probably not as current order of rank) and 6th and 7th will be up for grabs between Villa, Newcastle Chelsea, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford. 

Our last 10 games we play every team above us bar Arsenal and City so we just need to keep winning games, Brighton at home on the final game of the season could well define the last European spots of the season! 

Thank **** the Monday is a Bank Holiday :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Chelsea qualified, hopefully they concentrate more on the CL, which might affect their league form.

More likely to kickstart there season I'd say, they have to much quality to be in the position they are.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

More likely to kickstart there season I'd say, they have to much quality to be in the position they are.

Well, could go either way to be honest. A lot of times you just fail to have same eager if you’re that far, especially when you have a bigger trophy to play for. Anyway let’s keep hoping.

21 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

What happens with toney and potentially getting banned for gambling accusations will define brentfords season

he really is crucial for them

I don't think the Toney case will even be heard before the end of the season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We all know we aren’t going to finish top 7 but top 10 is now a very realistic goal. Would be nice.

We are only 5 points behind now with a game in hand. Its hard but might as well aim for it

• Like 2

Plenty of potential for teams above us to slip up before international break:

Fulham play Arsenal. Should lose that

Brentford away at Everton and Southampton and home to Leicester. Those away games have probably got harder since managerial changes and Leicester look better away than at home.

Brighton away at Leeds and home to Palace. Leeds have been reasonable at home plus new manager. Should probably beat both though.

Chelsea away at Leicester and home to Everton. Leicester score and concede a lot, Chelsea are the opposite. Everton tougher since Dyche arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Plenty of potential for teams above us to slip up before international break:

Fulham play Arsenal. Should lose that

Brentford away at Everton and Southampton and home to Leicester. Those away games have probably got harder since managerial changes and Leicester look better away than at home.

Brighton away at Leeds and home to Palace. Leeds have been reasonable at home plus new manager. Should probably beat both though.

Chelsea away at Leicester and home to Everton. Leicester score and concede a lot, Chelsea are the opposite. Everton tougher since Dyche arrival.

Don't fall for his convincing, happy-go-lucky, optimistic patter folks. He's gaslighting us into hoping for something other than crushing pain and disappointment. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't fall for his convincing, happy-go-lucky, optimistic patter folks. He's gaslighting us into hoping for something other than crushing pain and disappointment. 

Luckily for fans like myself that have followed the club for over 30 years, we are in no doubt that the only way is crushing pain and disappointment 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Luckily for fans like myself that have followed the club for over 30 years, we are in no doubt that the only way is crushing pain and disappointment 👍🏼

So's Tom and he's a season ticket holder. Don't underestimate his sirensong!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

We are only 5 points behind now with a game in hand. Its hard but might as well aim for it

Doesn't paint the full picture though, does it?  Brighton are 8th, 1 point behind Fulham in 7th but with 3 games in hand.  Brentford are 9th, 1 point behind Fulham but with a game in hand.

Newcastle's points total as the 7th place amount currently is a better marker - and we're 7 points behind, having played a game more.