Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

We were right in the thick of it a few weeks back but losing all three of our previous games has just given the pack above us a bit of an edge. Table doesn't look bad but there's a lot of games in hand right now. Could see us catching two or three but top seven feels a stretch.

Just now, VillaChris said:

19 points from Unai's first 11 games.

We'll certainly be in top 7 contention if we start next season with even slightly below that points haul.

Get some players to suit his system. If Carlos is as good as we hope and he replaces Konsa we should be knocking on the door!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

19 points from Unai's first 11 games.

We'll certainly be in top 7 contention if we start next season with even slightly below that points haul.

If we continue with the same points return for the rest of the season we will end up with 55 points.

Next season with the same point return over the entire season we will end up with 65 points.

No more talk of “ winnable run of games “  please. Top teams don’t speak in those terms and if we want to be one, we shouldn’t be either. What’s on offer against Palace is no different than what was up for grabs against Everton. And i do believe it creeps up on players ( not from VT necessarily ) but a mood, vibe etc - that Palace and the like at home is somewhat easier. We should be as unmoved emotionally playing Crystal Palace at home as we are Man City away.

• Like 1

Also, about four or five games ago I had a go at predicting the remaining results for the teams currently 4th down to us in 11th. I think I had us in 9th on 56 points then.

As of now the remaining predicted results give the following finishing table:

4th Liverpool 67

5th Newcastle 64

6th Spurs 62

7th BHA 61

8th Brentford 54

9th Chelsea 53

10th VILLA 53

11th Fulham 51

I think Newcastlearabia might drop off, there fans seem to think they may have been found out a little recently.

I'm hoping Brentford, Fulham or Brighton might stutter, Villa also still have them all to play. Top seven is very much on if we can now go on and get some form together.

Just having a look at our remaining fixtures, we have a run in that on paper, looks like we could pick up a lot of points.

Now football never works that way but it's good to be excited about how the season finishes...

We can definitely get 7th if we can put together a decent run of form. 

We won't catch Liverpool I don't think but Fulham are 8 points ahead but they've played 1 more match.

It's doable!