Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

39 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think you are right. That and the wolves fans apparently being desperate for us to take him. However from our side it was defo more about who we were bringing in when we clearly had other areas which needed to be improved upon. Or at least what we thought we needed to improve upon, until Emery came in and showed how a proper coach can work with a squad of players… 

I like Leander. You don’t get to play for Belgium by being rubbish. He also kept Faes out the team who has been excellent for Leicester and is a natural CB. 

also, we are not the biggest of teams, he lends a hand at set pieces.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Lets be honest though even it wasnt for Canada's woeful lack of composure in front of goal in the first half we'd be having a completely different perspective on that game. They battered Belgium. 

Leander made a telling tackle at the end, to thwart a goal scoring opportunity.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Leander made a telling tackle at the end, to thwart a goal scoring opportunity.

He did but the game should have been out of sight by then. He did ok but against a team who are more clinical in front of goal its a different story. Hes done well in the games hes played for us but last night Belgium were very very lucky 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He did but the game should have been out of sight by then. He did ok but against a team who are more clinical in front of goal its a different story. Hes done well in the games hes played for us but last night Belgium were very very lucky 

They were Paul

It just goes to prove to me once again, that teams with a bit of athleticism and intensity, can upset the talented teams.

" work will beat Talent, when talent doesn't work hard"......or words to that effect.

Talent, will always be to the go to ingredient......but "work" can be vastly under rated.....as we witnessed in 1980/1/2...and as Newcastle is proving now.

Leander, is not the prettiest of players, but his presence, and reading of the game, is good....getting these balances are crucial.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s a good squad player and a bargain at 13m. I think the negative reactions when we signed him were more around the resentment of Gerrard than anything else. 

I would say they were because we thought it meant we were selling Douglas Luiz the same day. Once we didn’t it was a smart signing not a scramble.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I heard today, that SG didn't sign him.....The chief scout did.

now whether thats true or not, I don't know.

Still mad though that he flat out refused to play him much despite Dendoncker's obvious quality.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Still mad though that he flat out refused to play him much despite Dendoncker's obvious quality.

The fact is managers good or bad, see things their way.....much to our frustration at times.

The only right way, is winning football.....and that encompasses, many styles and approaches.

Whatever system, renders us winning more than we lose........that will do for me.

Leander, is not an eye catcher, but is a guy, who can help us win matches, by denying the opposition, goal scoring opportunities......something we have lacked, for some time.

Edited by TRO

On 26/11/2022 at 11:34, MWARLEY2 said:

Its a Belgian thing i think. Dendoncker grows bumfluff like my 14 year old. And Tielemans looks like a teenager still ! 

De Bruyne is apparently 31 and looks like a 14 year old chorister. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â