Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

His younger brother and former Brighton & Home Albion defender, Lars, has just had to retire from the game because of a heart condition.

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

His younger brother and Brighton & Home Albion defender, Lars, has just had to retire from the game because of a heart condition.

How young is his brother, guessing he's just breaking through as haven't seen him on any Brighton teamsheets.

I imagine we'll be testing Donk a bit more if it's a genetic condition. Of course all players regularly screened now for any Heart issues (although when someone actually collapses you often hear the tests aren't as regular as they should be) so see what comes up.

Brighton also lost Mwepu start of last season who had to retire early with heart issue.

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How young is his brother, guessing he's just breaking through as haven't seen him on any Brighton teamsheets.

I imagine we'll be testing Donk a bit more if it's a genetic condition. Of course all players regularly screened now for any Heart issues (although when someone actually collapses you often hear the tests aren't as regular as they should be) so see what comes up.

Brighton also lost Mwepu start of last season who had to retire early with heart issue.

He's 22. He actually left Brighton last year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Is he injured?

I think so, Emery said something in the US which I thought was a misspeak. He listed him in the list of injured players but I assumed he meant he wasn't on the trip. As he wasn't involved on Thurs I can only assume he is injured

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

Thought he stayed in UK as his wife had a baby

Yeah he did, but Emery also said he was injured in pre match press conference while we were in US. Which kinda makes sense now he wasn't involved on Thursday

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently he's mentioned in the embargoed section of the presser.

Strange one as he's not listed as injured for anything either?

Someone mentioned in the comments, there were complications after the birth of his baby and he’s been given some time off. Hoping it’s nothing like that and everything is ok.

• Sad 2

Strong words from Emery, challenging him to find some consistency. You'd reckon Emery wouldn't be taking such a tough stance if his absence was family-related, so hopefully that isn't the case.

Edited by wishywashy

Â