Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Just now, nick76 said:

If true, sounds like the club did the right thing.

I think they need to fire Gerrard, I think buying a right winger is bizarre when we don’t play with wingers and have other priority positions but in this isolated incident if the above quote is true then this is nothing bad against the club or Gerrard, it’s just the deal doesn’t look like happening because we are currently too far apart on terms.  That’s life! Nobody did anything wrong or embarrassed themselves.

People love a good moan though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Deals collapse all the time, this is not a shambles, its just standard transfer business, people need to get a grip and stop overreacting. 

What's going on here? A sensible post on Villatalk !!!!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Loan archer to another promotion cahsing club like sheff utd or QPR if its watford who are pissing us about.

That club has some dodge owners so woildnt suprise me if they were trying to take advantage of us

They don't have dodgy owners they made money from legitimate family business they are just a bit trigger happy

Forest have a dodgy owner and Sheffield United eho you recommended are owned by a Saudi prince

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If true, sounds like the club did the right thing.

I think they need to fire Gerrard, I think buying a right winger is bizarre when we don’t play with wingers and have other priority positions but in this isolated incident if the above quote is true then this is nothing bad against the club or Gerrard, it’s just the deal doesn’t look like happening because we are currently too far apart on terms.  That’s life! Nobody did anything wrong or embarrassed themselves.

The voice of reason.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s quite telling that people are quick to blame the club but not the possible demands of Watford or Sarr. 

Meh, I kind of expect Watford to have high demands, they have one of the best talents in the Championship and we're clearly desperate. We'd do the same hopefully.

Same for Sarr. He's waited, he's done the championship once already, he could easily have forced a move at any point the last 2-3 seasons. He stayed, came back up and has stayed with them and now he's back in the championship and isn't kicking up a fuss over leaving, just wants the right contract for him.

It's us as that's put ourselves in the position of being desperate and can't blame them for pushing the boundaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Meh, I kind of expect Watford to have high demands, they have one of the best talents in the Championship and we're clearly desperate. We'd do the same hopefully.

Same for Sarr. He's waited, he's done the championship once already, he could easily have forced a move at any point the last 2-3 seasons. He stayed, came back up and has stayed with them and now he's back in the championship and isn't kicking up a fuss over leaving, just wants the right contract for him.

It's us as that's put ourselves in the position of being desperate and can't blame them for pushing the boundaries.

If we were desperate we wouldn't have walked away.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Like Arsenal and Southampton did in previous windows. We are a bit of a laughing stock about how we are run with some of these deals

How are we a laughing stock? 

In whose eyes? Just yours? the press/media? Other clubs fans?

Please explain as i don't understand how we are a laughing stock.

All of our recent transfer business has been lauded.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If this is true he clearly wanted to join but the club have messed us about.  Right to walk away.

I thought usually everything was agreed before a medical took place 🤦🏿‍♂️.

So someone has obviously tried to change something last minute and we weren't having it IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Just now, duke313 said:

If we were desperate we wouldn't have walked away.

Perhaps! 

We had agreed a £27m fee +£3m add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause and our most promising Striker and a decent CB on loan for him.

We'd done all this within 30 minutes of getting whopped out by Palace. We've pulled out because it went public and smirched Purslows PR record imo, not because Watford may have asked for another couple of £m

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

How are we a laughing stock? 

In whose eyes? Just yours? the press/media? Other clubs fans?

Please explain as i don't understand how we are a laughing stock.

All of our recent transfer business has been lauded.

Where to start

We have in the last hour loabed out an 18 million player and wont be recoupung anything. We signed a 25 million left back who was 2nd choice at Everton as Rafa saw through him

We have spent about 200 million in the last season and a half and the players cant even pass the ball to each other

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Perhaps! 

We had agreed a £27m fee +£3m add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause and our most promising Striker and a decent CB on loan for him.

We'd done all this within 30 minutes of getting whopped out by Palace. We've pulled out because it went public and smirched Purslows PR record imo, not because Watford may have asked for another couple of £m

I don't see why the deal going public would cause us to walk away, not unless Watford hoped to start a bidding war and did in fact ask to change the deal.  Pure speculation at the minute anyway.

• Like 1

Â