Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This has panic signing all over it. Our manager has shit himself and decided to completely change our style of play after 3 games, and we're throwing good money after bad, supporting the fantasies of this charlatan. 

It feels like it. 

I just hope it works. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This has panic signing all over it. Our manager has shit himself and decided to completely change our style of play after 3 games, and we're throwing good money after bad, supporting the fantasies of this charlatan. 

I’m not even sure this is a Gerrard requested signing.  I think it’s an opportunistic signing that we got the chance to do and probably pushed quicker because of the general mood around the team at the moment.

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m not even sure this is a Gerrard requested signing.  I think it’s an opportunistic signing that we got the chance to do and probably pushed quicker because of the general mood around the team at the moment.

Like you, I am just guessing here, but that sounds like something a massively unprofessional club would do and IMO is pure dereliction of duty or whatever it's called. 

I just can't get my head around the logic of this signing. 

Either we're about to completely change our style which makes the whole of pre-season a joke. Or we're signing a player for big money that has no role to play in our team. Either way, it makes little sense.

• Like 1

When have we ever leaked our transfer dealings of late ?

so who isn’t to say Sarr hasn’t been on the radar for a while rather than a panic signing supposedly to save Gerrard’s job ?

On a positive note there will be absolutely no pressure on Sarr to perform because most of us can't even see how he fits into the team. 

He's not a bad player and there really should be more excitement about us signing him for what looks like a quite reasonable fee.

It's just that Gerrard is still here.

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

The Percy article says long term pre Grealish sale target. Not sure how I feel about that. Will Gerrard even know what to do with him?

So Sarr will be a Smith signing!!! 😉

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just can't get my head around the logic of this signing. 

Either we're about to completely change our style which makes the whole of pre-season a joke. Or we're signing a player for big money that has no role to play in our team. Either way, it makes little sense.

I hope its this. But then it shows that our pre season was an absolute shambles and what does that mean for the future. 

Â