Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

If he looks good against top teams that play a high line and we are the opposite to that, surely that suggests he would be the type of player we should be getting?

No we cant beat a low block thats our problem

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No we cant beat a low block thats our problem

Highline and lowblock?  You just said he looks good against the highline and now saying he can't beat a lowblock. I think you are getting a little confused 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Highline and lowblock?  You just said he looks good against the highline and now saying he can't beat a lowblock. I think you are getting a little confused 

They are 2 different things. Think you are confused

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know they are, that is why I believe u are getting confused. We were discussing Sarr and highline and u switched to low block 

Maybe re read the comments

We struggle against the low block. Sarr is only good against a high line. Not sure what the issue is as thats the opposite of what we need

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Even if true, We dont need Sarr

We only have 3 wingers/10s and we will use 1-3 of them jn our most common formations since we've binned off bertie and El Ghazi. If one of them gets injured such as Coutinho last week we have no sub options and no chmace to go 4-2-3-1.,

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Still of the view that we need another STRONG CM/CDM beside Kamara.

I would like one too. I am surprised that Sarr is coming in ahead of a CB and CM/DM. It would be great to know what was actually being discussed in the transfer meetings at VP

The positive way to view this potential signing is Gerrard is tweaking the system. Coutinho or Buendia playing on left of a front three cutting in centrally. This leaves room for Digne down the left. On the right we have Bailey or Sarr with pace and width. Taking players on and also a contribution in goals. Ings or Watkins up top. Cash who is a brilliant defender imo will attack less and the midfield will shuffle over to cover space behind Digne and be more solid and less overrun. 

JJ and McGinn are not suited to the roles we require them to do in the current system. We need one of them in the side and a shuffler type player alongside Kamara. Luiz should be in the team

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Still of the view that we need another STRONG CM/CDM beside Kamara.

I really think we'd be fine if Luiz played next to Kamara.

Edited by Niall
  • Like 3

I get the signing in that it gives us another attacking option, which we need after loaning out Bert. We need to be flexible in games and it doesn't make sense to play every game with 2 up top for 90 minutes.

It's not the most vital position we need to sign a player for (CM imo) but it's not total madness IMO.

• Like 1

This is a deflection signing, while I'm sure conversation was in place, when have we recently announced we have agreed a fee but not actually signed the player ? 

Club trying to deflect from gerrards failings in the hope we all look at the shiny new toy we may get and forget to be frustrated with the useless scouser

13 hours ago, messi11 said:

No chance. Hudson Odoi is a poor player and still unproven. Sarr is a big talent who Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign only a few years ago. 

I think sarrs a real coup. When he is top form he is very similar to mane

Â