Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Can’t say I’ve seen loads of him, gives us another dimension and allows us to change formations. The formation we are playing atm simply doesn’t work. Any team that empties the centre of midfield like we do will consistently get beat.

20 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Sarr is a good player but I have no idea how he fits into Gerrards system, I wish we were buying at least one quality central midfielder with the money.

Could buy Koopmeiners for that money

• Like 1

This signing makes no sense at all. Unless we are going to be changing our tactics and playing a different way. I think the money would have been better spent on a quality CM!

I really have no idea what this is about? It would have made sense if he had bought a left sided winger if he wanted to change the system but right side? We have way too many people for right side of midfield. Mayve i'm missing something?

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Well, we do, Bailey is super quick also.......

We just dont seem to be able to use it.......

I agree he’s quick. But I’ve never seen him run past a defender. He usually wants to use a trick or two. Not pace. 

17 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I agree he’s quick. But I’ve never seen him run past a defender. He usually wants to use a trick or two. Not pace. 

Well that may be our s*** tactics then, cus Bailey is rapid.

Go back and watch some of his German league highlights, the guy is a rocket ship.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Who needs TV when you've got Wyscout?

He barely showed it if indeed he still had it. Bit like Bailey for us I suppose.

Pre-season is pointless to watch for judging a player. I'm sure you know that though.

HaHaHa, that really doesn't surprise me one bit

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Whatever Sarr's qualities, and I haven't watched him enough to make a call, what is the point in signing a wide player?

Odd odd signing

You really are falling behind most other VT posters. There are experts on here that know everything about him. Also, apparently you don't have to watch a player to see what he is like anymore. You just need a laptop and access to the the internet to read the stats. BTW, he has lost his pace since last season 🤣

• Haha 1

Strange player to be linked with when we have Buendia,  Traore, Bailey who can play there. I thought Bailey had a decent game yesterday so don't understand if he's replaced by Sarr. Maybe he's thinking Sarr for wide left? A front three of Sarr,  Watkins and Bailey seems quite good on paper who plays behind them? I'd play Coutinho there with a free role. Have two holding players behind him - Kamara and a new recruit. 

34 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

He wants to cut in on his left so when he gets down the byline he does a trick and cuts in on his left.

He should be played on the left so that he's forced to cross, pass or shoot quicker. Playing him on the right would only work if we're counter attacking, but our build up play is too slow for that so he should be on the left.

Maybe Sarr will play as striker or it'll be another option ahead of Buendia on the right. I can see him trying to make Buendia a 10 behind Coutinho, which won't work as he's a RW

5 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Fairly accurate. Similar to Adama Traore, he'll turn up every few matches, look fantastic and get all the attention, but run repeatedly into dead ends or just plain do nothing the rest of the time. He had a decent season for an out-and-out winger his first time in the PL (5 goals and about as many assists iirc), but he's also started picking up hamstring injuries somewhat regularly over the past couple years, which is a very bad sign for a player whose primary asset is pace.

Pretty much this, he looks good against the top teams as he has blistering pace and they play a high line

We are the opposite

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty much this, he looks good against the top teams as he has blistering pace and they play a high line

We are the opposite

If he looks good against top teams that play a high line and we are the opposite to that, surely that suggests he would be the type of player we should be getting?

Â