Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Konsa isn't "at fault" for that goal.

Not every goal is someone's fault.

Very lucky flick on for them.

Think Martinez will be disappointed actually.

naw Konsa should have gotten a block on that or at the very least made it more difficult. He wasn't beat, but simply matched Zaha's run without actually challenging.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

He was always pretty shit, but everyone kept scapegoating Mings for all the defensive problems...  

No he wasn't he was being talked about getting a call up for England. Stop revising history. Now he is actually very poor, god knows what's happened to him.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

No he wasn't he was being talked about getting a call up for England. Stop revising history. Now he is actually very poor, god knows what's happened to him.

Largely because mings was covering up 90% of his mistakes. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, daft said:

I think both Konsa and Martinez could have done better, but that was hard to defend against. Zaha finished expertly just as Martinez was on the wrong foot. So in this case I’ll cut the lad some slack.

Carbon copy of his goal last week. 

Also I think we’ve been better.

He's scored 11 in 19 games now too. He's really, really on form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

He was never being talked about for England outside of VillaTalk and Villa Twitter.  Stop revising history.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Well Zaha wouldn't have scored two goals in the same attack - so at the absolute worst it would have ended in the same result.

My point is that Konsa is at least quick enough to have got to Zaha and had he used his head and ushered him to a tighter angle it makes the scoring chance harder.......Bednarek would have been in a different postcode by the time Zaha scores...

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep what i would give yo have atmosphere like this at vp instead of the moaning and groaning

But that’s mostly what you do on here isn’t it ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He was too far forward. You’ve got to make it harder for the attacker to score at that angle. 

I think it was more a case of having his weight on the wrong foot just as Zaha loosed. 

• Like 1