Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Anyway, it would be good for El Ghazi to get some playing time. Would an appearance against Bolton in an early cup game really put him in the shop window? Everyone knows about him, don’t they? 
I guess they see his current fitness levels, not sure what else they’d learn. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

This WILL be a cup final for Bolton,so I would be happy ( on current form ) with a draw and beat them 1-0 at VP

If it is a draw the game will be decided tonight on penalties. Replays are only in the semi finals

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

This WILL be a cup final for Bolton,so I would be happy ( on current form ) with a draw and beat them 1-0 at VP

Well they did beat us the semi finals in 2004 so i hope history doesn't repeat itself. We would have had to have played the mighty Middlesbrough had we not blown it. Sigh.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

If it is a draw the game will be decided tonight on penalties. Replays are only in the semi finals

Hasn't been replays for years. At the moment semi finals are 2 legged, with penalties after 90 if drawn like all of the matches.

This will probably drop to one match when the CL reforms start in 2024.

I have been getting more and more pissed off since the weekend.

This needs to be a convincing win with a coherent style of play. We have a squad full of internationals and proven top tier players.

No more of this "but but how do we get our best players to play together? its a mystery!" nonsense.

Gerrard needs to play his best players and change his tactics to accommodate them, not the other way around.

No more of this, full backs are wingers, midfielders are wing backs bollox. Play your best players in their best position.

I am not a happy camper and getting close to joining the "enough is enough" group of fans who want Gerrard gone. No more time to faff around no more excuses. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

I'd think that Olsen, Augustinsson, Chambers and Luiz will play.

Be interesting to see how we build around those players - I'm going:

--------------------------------Olsen----------------------------------

Cash---------Chambers-----Mings------Augustinsson

--------------------Luiz----------Iroegbunam--------------------

----------------------------Sanson-----------------------------------

----------------------------Coutinho---------------------------------

-------------------Archer---------------Ings------------------------

• Like 4

Still supportive but I am at the end of patience. Today is definitely a must win convincingly game for Gerrard. As in if he messes this up I am done with him. Better to make a change early.

We have good players, play them in their best position and change the formation to accommodate the players. Right now we do the opposite, players must adjust to the whatever the hell formations we play.

Gerrard cannot be Klopp or Pep, he doesnt have that tactical experience. But he can be Zidane , be manager who builds his game plan around his players but that has to be simple and straightforward. We are too fancy for our own good.

Anyway this game is a gift of a chance for Gerrard he needs to take it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Villa87 said:

I’ve rarely been so disinterested in a Villa game. Amazing how optimism can diminish so quickly!

Hmmm, I’m looking more forward to this than a PL game where we’ll be soundly beaten.   At least with this game we can see fringe players, see a different midfield, and hopefully dominate and easily win with no stress.