Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey has to play for me. 1 goal he needs goals to boost his confidence good opportunity for him to get in score sheet.

If gerrard loses this he will get crucified 

Bailey or Gerrard 😉😬???

I agree Bailey should play, as should Ings and Archer 

Just now, Zatman said:

Archer has to start. 

Would be a perfect game for Anwar to be in the shop window but not sure his fitness

Why do u think we want Archer in the shop window? We are keeping him at the club. unless we buy a new striker. 

I doubt they would have prepared for it but, if we insist on width coming from our fullbacks, then play a back 3 to provide cover. Chambers for the right, Mings to cover the left.

We could then allow Cash and Augustinsson (or even Bailey) to get forwards without leaving acres of empty space behind. A midfield 3 from Kamara / Luiz / Nakamba / JJ / Sanson, with Coutinho in the #10 and Archer up front.

With a back 4, even against Bolton, I'd like SG to recognise that playing without a centre midfield is just **** stupid! 4 at the back, a disciplined midfield 2, JJ and Phil and one striker. See if we can get it to click and build some confidence from a convincing win.

Be extremely difficult for anyone to pick our starting eleven tonight - but I hope we go strong as this is our best chance of silverware (like it is every season).  

I would go -

Olsen

Cash   Chambers   Mings   Augustinsson

Sanson  Iroegbunam  Luiz

Buendia           Ings             Coutinho

Get the job done 1st half, then look to replace Cash, Mings and the front 3.

Worry about West Ham on Sunday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Should be OK I think.

Glad you think so, still 7 hours to the game and I’m bricking it already.  Can’t believe I’ve lost all confidence going into every game now.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Glad you think so, still 7 hours to the game and I’m bricking it already.  Can’t believe I’ve lost all confidence going into every game now.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I've already lost interest in cups.

I'm worried about relegation so points in the league is all I'm thinking about.

Very sad.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

It's a sad state of affairs, but I've already lost interest in cups.

I'm worried about relegation so points in the league is all I'm thinking about.

Very sad.

If we do end up in the scrap at least it’s something to play for.  Midtable season finishes with about 2 months to go.