Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

On 21/08/2022 at 11:24, regular_john said:

We need a win here to give the players and fans a bit of a boost. I wouldn't be experimenting too heavily or putting out a weakened side.

" wouldn't be experimenting too heavily or putting out a weakened side." So change the whole 10 outfield players then, I'm with you on that.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt it Bolton a game that also turned the fans completely on McLeish after an inept loss

Yup. That's when the bedsheets came out.

I think Bolton in 2018 was the game I completely lost confidence in Bruce too.

The likes of Guilbert, Sanson and AEG won't be playing.   They are not in Gerrard's plans and he won't waste spot in the team on them when he could use it to have a look at kids or give minutes to senior squad players who've seen little or no action.   Or he could use it to give the first 11 a chance to learn how to play together.  I suspect Olsen, Chambers, Augustinson, Nakamba, Young and Archer will all feature.

It should be full rotation with the youngsters playing like Archer and Tim, and the squad players like Guilbert and Sanson to get up fitness and treat them with a fraction of respect...but they won;t.

It will be near full strength because Gerrard's arse has fell out and he's not actually got a clue what he is doing. He needs the £30m players to win him this match.

44 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Olsen

Young - Konsa - Chambers - Augustinsson

Iroegbunam 

Luiz - Ramsay

Bailey - Archer - Watkins

is my guess

Can definitely see something like that, but just due to how bad we were against Palace, I could maybe see a couple more senior players, Cash and Coutinho perhaps.

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Win today, cracks papered over a little until West Ham. 

there should be no scenario's in which a PL mid table side with views on going up and signing some great players lose to Bolton.

No papering over cracks for me this one. The wound is still fresh and there are no medics in sight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really but it’s always nice to win. Also a chance for some players to get more minutes. I’d like to see Luiz get 90 minutes.

He’s going to need it otherwise he’s going to be losing any fitness he built up pre season.

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can definitely see something like that, but just due to how bad we were against Palace, I could maybe see a couple more senior players, Cash and Coutinho perhaps.

Agree.

Olsen

Cash Chambers Mings Augustinsson

Iroegbunam

Luiz Ramsey 

Ings Archer Coutinho

Think we’ll see Feeney for Mings in the second half if we’re comfortable.

37 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

If we lose this then surely Gerrard’s time with us is done. 

Having a good league cup run or not would not be the decider for Gerrard's time with us. All about  the league. The league cup generates absolutely nothing in revenue. That is how owners would look at it. Personally I would love us to win  a nice shinny pot before I die but the scum 6 win them every year and that is not going to change any time soon.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

What we should play

Olsen

Guilbert Chambers Mings Augustinsson

Luis Kamara Sanson

Coutinho

Ings     Archer

what we will probably play

Olsen

Young Konsa Chambers Augustinsson

McGinn   Nakamba  Ramsey

Coutinho   Bailey

Watkins

I wouldn't play either of those group of players.  All the kids please, if they have any hope of breaking through into the first team squad in the next 12 months, they should be able to kill off Bolton.

Feeney

Iroegbunam 

Kesler Hayden

Archer

Who else was excellent in our U21's last season?

Edited by ender4