Young       Chambers     Feeney    Augustinsson

Iroegbunam

Luiz                          Sanson

Coutinho

Ings                        Archer

Should get the job done..

• Like 4

15 hours ago, villan501 said:

He has zero choice but to try his full strength side but different tactics, what he's doing now hasn't worked, try 3 CB or 2x DM just stop the same thing expecting the result to be different.

Personally pre season he should of tried different things but this is Mr ego as our manager.

He'll do what he usually does after a defeat, back to two up top and one 10.

Interesting for team selection this one, SG can ill afford another loss nor can be really risk losing the big names to injury.

Wonder if we’ll see the lesser spotted El Ghazi make an appearance? Or the even lesser spotted Guilbert? Or have they both been fully consigned to Aston Villa history now.

Got to be a decent chance of us losing this you’d think but I reckon we’ll sneak through by a single goal or even on pens.

46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wanting to lose to Bolton to sack Gerrard is not the most embarrassing thing I’ve read on Twitter. Taking a break from all this toxic negativity.  

Of any game that will be relevant to his future it won’t be a League Cup game likely featuring a reserve side…

55 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wanting to lose to Bolton to sack Gerrard is not the most embarrassing thing I’ve read on Twitter. Taking a break from all this toxic negativity.  

Please not that. We need a cup run. We could change a manager and have a good team but with nothing to play for.

It’s important to win against Bolton. The league seems gone already (gladly we play City and Arsenal rather than losing to other opponents).

• Like 4

Goes without saying it's an absolute must-win. We need to field a very strong squad -- **** "resting" players. Foolish and dangerous to downplay Bolton's talents. It's an unlikely upset for the Wanderers, but players such as Sierra Leone national team's Amadou Bakayoko do know where the net is located on the pitch, and they'll smell weakness in the Goliath this week. We're having a very bad week. If Bolton can knock us off balance, I could easily see a loss. We need to take this match seriously.

• Like 1

Gerrard seriously needs to try a different midfield he cannot persisit with mcginn and Ramsey in the same midfield its weak as piss.

Bolton will be no walkover if Gerrard thinks he just puts a team out and we win he's mistaken, yes we should be too strong but if and I say if we lose Gerrard will get pelters.

Fans don't want to see mcginn and Ramsey in a 3 why not try the 4 2 3 1 play kamara with either Luiz or sanson I think we need that 2 infront of the defence to shore the defence, they need to get the ball and either keep it or move us forward, unfortunately mcginn gets it and panics and Ramsey is more a dribbling midfielder I'd possibly try Ramsey in a front 3 on the left.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting for team selection this one, SG can ill afford another loss nor can be really risk losing the big names to injury.

Wonder if we’ll see the lesser spotted El Ghazi make an appearance? Or the even lesser spotted Guilbert? Or have they both been fully consigned to Aston Villa history now.

Got to be a decent chance of us losing this you’d think but I reckon we’ll sneak through by a single goal or even on pens.

Are they even training with the main group, I doubt they'll be involved.

He needs to be starting all of Sanson, Luiz, Chambers and Archer. If they play well let them keep the shirt for the weekend.

What we should play

Olsen

Guilbert Chambers Mings Augustinsson

Luis Kamara Sanson

Coutinho

Ings     Archer

what we will probably play

Olsen

Young Konsa Chambers Augustinsson

McGinn   Nakamba  Ramsey

Coutinho   Bailey

Watkins