Pre Match Thread

rjw63

Gerrard is clueless and reactionary.

We lost last week. Why did we lose? We lost to two set piece goals because we had no height in defence. Why did we lack height? The 6ft+ destroyer of Mings was on the bench because the manager has a weak ego.

We didn't lose last week because we lacked possession, we had all the possession. We didn't lose last week because we didn't create chances, we had 15 shots on goal (only 2 on target to be fair).

Bringing in Mings as a reaction to last week is sound. Changing everything else about the formation after conceding two set piece goals? Doesn't make sense.

The way we played last week wasn't great, but 66% possession and 15 shots against many other teams would result in points. He's throwing the baby out with the bathwater in trying to rectify last week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

In no particular order

Boring Gerrard football

Having little confidence in Gerrard and results and performances so far prove it

All our season ticket prices have gone up in my family, my elderly mother whose been down the Villa forever ticket gone up 32% as an example

Transportation was awful last year and getting worse.

I have to plan in long advance for games for various reasons and they move a lot for tv too late.

I have a few more but you get the general idea.

Most of it I can deal with and the family can but Gerrard football/performances and moms 32% increase almost push us all over the edge.

We only renewed because that’s what you do! Like a drug addiction even if it’s not good for you 😂

Yeah but if the Gerrard crap continues we will get a new manager. 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Once again Buendia has become Messi because he’s not playing. Just like with Ings until he started playing and not scoring. As always with Villa fans, your reputation is never higher than when you’re not being picked.

Problem is our on the pitch players never seem to perform so we have to hope the ones on the bench can and then they don’t and it keeps going around in circles.🤪

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Once again Buendia has become Messi because he’s not playing. Just like with Ings until he started playing and not scoring. As always with Villa fans, your reputation is never higher than when you’re not being picked.

Bizarre view

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

"Tyrone Mings is fully fit. I know I took the captaincy off him but I didn't take the position off him. Hopefully he will be very important for us."

Gerrard out.

Exactly what I thought was the case, no way Konsa starts ahead of Mings 99 times out of 100

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Does anyone remember when after a cup match against Birmingham, Tactics Tim more or less said the plan was to be rubbish in the first half so we could surprise them in the second?  Looking at today's front 6 as a combination, I have a feeling Gerrard's approach is similar!

Why haven’t we “bamboozled them with two 10s”??!!!!

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another week and he ignores the McGinn/Ramsey situation it's so obvious.we might get away with it today with Everton playing wingers in midfield

Can’t believe he hasn’t at least brought Luiz in… Kamara is gonna continue to be isolated… poor lad.