Pre Match Thread

rjw63

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Makes no difference, I want him gone anyway, he ain't no good for us. Another manager signed, to learn his trade here, just ain't happening.

I think that is very clear you want him gone. It is funny when posters comment on team selection and slag off Gerrard without seeing the team sheet and base their opinion on 2 pages of VT. It shows the high quality of debate on here sometime 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think that is very clear you want him gone. It is funny when posters comment on team selection and slag off Gerrard without seeing the team sheet and base their opinion on 2 pages of VT. It shows the high quality of debate on here sometime 

I mean, he legit said regardless of results he wants him gone, there is no further debate to be had there 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There's some interesting debate on here for sure, but it's not really the norm. VT is mostly a place for emotional release, and that has it's place too, but one can easily overdose since it usually is either very either or, or just plain straight vitriol. The release can be good, but consuming too much of it has negative effects for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

In fairness , pre match meltdowns have existed with every Manager. Lol

Usually the biggest meltdowns result in the best performances so here's hoping.

I happen to remember a couple of pre match meltdowns about teams which looked bizarre with Deano and then going on to be 🔥 performances.

• Like 2

Just now, daft said:

There's some interesting debate on here for sure, but it's not really the norm. VT is mostly a place for emotional release, and that has it's place too, but one can easily overdose since it usually is either very either or, or just plain straight vitriol. The release can be good, but consuming too much of it has negative effects for sure. 

I completely disagree. The match thread is often visceral and emotional, as is the ratings and reactions thread, but VT proper is definitely a place for debate and reasonable argument. There are some who post for shock effect, but they’re quickly found out and most either ignore them or call them out. 

Anyway this is off topic so won’t carry on the discussion here!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No Sanson either. 4 Defenders once again. 2 of the CBs can play rb. Gerrard is really pissing me off. 

If we did sign a new 8 as we have intimated we want to, what happens to the player they’re brought in to challenge? Only have Luiz in that position on the bench, so why are we offering a contract to him?

it’s really hard to see the plan sometimes