Pre Match Thread

rjw63

Wrong midfield  wrong attacking players  wrong formation , right defence  no sanson on the bench. 

How many **** times does he have to persist  with this shit. 

Done with him even if it works. Because it will have worked despite  , rather than because of. 

I feel for Buendia so much. Its **** disgusting management of a player that even if he isnt on song, never goes missing. 

My 14 year old just said  dad, i think he is trying to get sacked.  Can't really argue with that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably wait until after your predicted shit performance and result before slating the manager for an interview he hasn’t actually given yet.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Exactly! A lineup can’t really be awful before a game… if it doesn’t work as some suspect then it’s a bad lineup, but surely not before the game

I think the OP was referring to what Gerrard said after the Bournemouth game. He moans about the midfield having no control and then sticks with the same one for the next game.

I'm very disappointed that he's left out Buendia and Bailey, in fact more disappointed than I've ever been about him leaving out Buendia... After Bournemouth he said himself that the main problem was a lack of creativity... and yet he still doesn't start Buendia! By doing that he's kind of contradicted himself.  It doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That lineup should be a sackable offence. Ings and Watkins don’t work on top. That midfield doesn’t work. I’m almost starting to believe he want us to lose.

To get anything from this we need luck, wicked deflection, and the referee on our side. 

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why would you not renew?

In no particular order

Boring Gerrard football

Having little confidence in Gerrard and results and performances so far prove it

All our season ticket prices have gone up in my family, my elderly mother whose been down the Villa forever ticket gone up 32% as an example

Transportation was awful last year and getting worse.

I have to plan in long advance for games for various reasons and they move a lot for tv too late.

I have a few more but you get the general idea.

Most of it I can deal with and the family can but Gerrard football/performances and moms 32% increase almost pushed us all over the edge.

We only renewed because that’s what you do! Like a drug addiction even if it’s not good for you 😂

Anyway we are here, very hopeful and excited!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think the OP was referring to what Gerrard said after the Bournemouth game. He moans about the midfield having no control and then sticks with the same one for the next game.

Ahh, fair enough, apols if I got the wrong end of the stick

Once again Buendia has become Messi because he’s not playing. Just like with Ings until he started playing and not scoring. As always with Villa fans, your reputation is never higher than when you’re not being picked.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1