Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

27 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Liverpool at home, winnable as long as they stay shit. After the WC they’ll probably have another 6-8 injuries too.

We are the gift that keeps giving, can't keep a clean sheet? Don't worry we can help, got a striker that hasn't scored in 2 years, fill your boots! On a losing streak? Guaranteed victory! 

Always been the way! 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

If you suffer with anxiety i suggest you don't look at who were playing directly after the WC break.

We've got Wolves at home around new year haven't we, that will be a massive one.

When I look at teams around us I really can't see three worse than us currently.

People going on about Forest finishing rock bottom, since they got thumped at Leicester, Cooper has been smart and they've become really difficult to score past. Just 2 goals conceded now in last four games and 5 points so they've got a base to build from if they can find some consistancy in final third.

Everton were ones I thought would drop now but they easily beat Palace today and will be like last season, they'll grind out enough wins at Goodison to be o.k.

We really need to get a win tomorrow. No good writing off the game just because we have a caretaker in charge, Wolves won last week with one and Bournemouth had excellent run with Gary O'Neill in charge.

I get the feeling though Danks will just stick with what we've been failing with and we'll continue to look generally clueless. 

Edited by VillaChris

54 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Liverpool at home, winnable as long as they stay shit. After the WC they’ll probably have another 6-8 injuries too.

Likes of Salah and Diaz won't be at world cup. Don't think Liverpool have actually won an away game yet in the league so think we all know what is going to happen there...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle were record breakingly bad and bottom before they got howe

Loads of football left and an unprecedented mid season break

Yes, it’s far too early to make any guesses. The table will massively shift for weeks still given how tight it is. 

Whilst I do think Gerrard had to be sacked sooner, the important thing is that it’s before the WC and next transfer window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

If you suffer with anxiety i suggest you don't look at who were playing directly after the WC break.

Gerrard will have taken the Liverpool job and had the World Cup break to work on his system. We won’t have an easier game all season ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Everton were ones I thought would drop now but they easily beat Palace today

I actually think Palace will really struggle over the rest of this season. Think they will be in the mix to go down, which I wouldn’t have expected this summer.

Edited by Adam2003

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So who are the 3 teams worse than us?

Well obviously there’s…

I mean, if you look at this objectively you get… 

But then, there is always… errr….

Yea, no one! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So who are the 3 teams worse than us?

Nice time to bump this....😉

Have to say I'd be very worried if I was a Wolves fan. Been turned down by their first and seemingly second choice and owner the other day said they'd keep the caretaker until after world cup break.

Beyond the midfielders they're very poor at both ends and Leicester battering them at home isn't a good look.

As hilarious as it would be to see him managing that squad they could do worse than give it Dyche until the end of the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Anyone still worried? 

Nope. Posted in the Emery thread as well, even equalling the ppg from his worst season by that measure from now to end of this season, we'd still finish on 48 points.

Edited by tomsky_11