Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but only because of the last idiot and we are hitting a difficult run now

I think with the new manager and what the team showed against Brentford along with getting reinforcements in January we will not have a problem.

We are in a far better position now Gerrard has gone than we could ever have imagined.

Luckily the results weren't too bad elsewhere.

Bournemouth 2 up on Spurs was looking terrible but they folded as soon as Spurs got one back and now are having the run of defeats people thought they'd be having most of the season.

Leicester lost and have two tough away games coming up.

Wolves o.k away point but they never look like winning with lack of goals.

Big problem we're going to have is Gerrard using up so many winnable away games. You're asking Emery to turn that around when we've still got to visit both Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs etc. Saw today how we can fold when a top 6 team has space to work around.

Going to put more pressure on our home form but 3 wins from our first six at VP is something to build on at least.

Think second halves like today show we're not just going to magically fly up the league like everyone is assuming we will with Emery. It's going to be hard work.

Looking at our fixtures we will be doing well not to be in the bottom three by the time we play Wolves on January 4th. Would probably be an achievement to get four points from those four games, might be case of hoping the other teams around and below us keep losing, feels like a throwback to the first season back in the Premier League in that sense...

Villa: Man Utd (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h), Tottenham (a) 

Southampton: Newcastle (h), Liverpool (a), Brighton (h), Fulham (a)

Leicester: Everton (a), West Ham (a), Newcastle (h), Liverpool (a)

Wolves: Brighton (h), Arsenal (h), Everton (a), Man Utd (h)

Leeds: Liverpool (a), Bournemouth (h), Spurs (a), Man City (h),

Forest: Arsenal (a), Brentofrd (h), Palace (h), Man Utd (a), Chelsea (h)

• Sad 1

Southampton and Leicester could easily lose three of those four games listed. Leeds aswell and even if they beat Bournemouth that means they're on run of four straight defeats and dropping as expected.

It will be one of those seasons where we won't be too far off bottom 3 for a few more months...yet might only be 5-6 points off 8th aswell so up to the squad what they make of it.

I can't believe Emery is going to come in and lose game after game. Liverpool at home isn't a game you should be writing off this season given how poor they've been away. Gerrard took four points off Man. United and Brighton away last season so again...

yeah, I think it's still way too early to be worrying about relegation, now that Gerrard is gone. we thumped a team 4-0 who are a few points above us and are clearly a decent side. I'm not going to extremely change my views over an away defeat at a very good (maybe even a top 4) Newcastle