Gompedyret

10 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think a loan at 18 migjht be a little early for him.  He would be playing main striker rather than wide striker so would be up against gigantic Premier League centrehalves. Got to balance playing league games against letting him naturally fill out and take his time with him in the academy. Looking at the way Barry has struggled and then considering Wilson is the same skinny build as him giving him another full season might be more beneficial   i think we have a future goalscoring machine on our hands so his devopment needs to be given the perfect pathway for us to make the most of him  

He's already very big so a loan to lower leagues in Jan 24 seems sensible when he turns 18

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's already very big so a loan to lower leagues in Jan 24 seems sensible when he turns 18

I wouldn't describe him as very big at all.

He's a scrawny kid at the moment, he's got a reasonable sized frame on him and whilst he's not short, he's not particularly tall either. He's very much a boy rather than a man at this point in his development. In comparison to our other prospects, I don't think he's as physically developed as any of the players we have out in the Championship at the moment for example.

That said, we're nine months away from next January and he'll have filled out some by then.

It's a strange, one, there shouldn't be any need to rush him, he needs time to develop physically and most likely to mature mentally, but his talent is such that it might force things to move more quickly than they usually would.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If some reports are to believe, this kid might just become something really exceptional.

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2023/04/26/rory-wilson-proving-himself-the-brightest-talent-to-play-for-aston-villa-academy-since-jack-grealish/

Rory Wilson netted his third hat-trick of the season on Tuesday (25 April) and gave further credence to the theory that he is the brightest prospect to play for the Aston Villa academy since Jack Grealish.

Speaking exclusively to Villa News in March, Sky Sports and The Athletic’s Dan Bardell waxed lyrical about the academy striker.

He said: “Wilson looks really exciting, he scores some wonderful goals, some really lovely finishes and it looks like he has a few different types of finish in his locker as well. 

“He was highly rated at Rangers, and Villa have done well to sign him up. I feel like Gerrard might have had an influence on that transfer at the time because he would have known him well while working at Rangers.

“I feel like he’s certainly someone to get excited about because he is so highly rated and he just looks like a pure goalscorer.”

Also. That goal. Chef's kiss.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is that game on anywhere?

Do the SFA have a youtube channel or an internal TV thing?

UEFA saying the BBC are the official streamer for UK.

Partners in Europe and across the globe will be broadcasting the UEFA European Under-17 Championship final tournament in Israel. Find your local broadcast partner(s) below.

Rights holders

Please check individual broadcaster schedules for details about which matches will be televised or streamed in your territory.

All information is subject to agreements being reached between UEFA and individual broadcasters.

United Kingdom: BBC

• Like 1

This might not be the best game if you're interested in watching Rory play - I've watched ten or fifteen minutes and if France had Taylor Swift in goal, we wouldn't know. In fact at this point, I don't even know if there's more than half a pitch - the Scotland keeper is about the only Scotland player I've seen touch the ball. 

It's 2-0 now, could be about ten by the look of it.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I switched off - what was the goal like?

To be fair to him, if he can score in this game, he's really going some. 

Scotland actually got into Frances half.One of them slid the ball across the six yard box and Wilson got to it just before the keeper.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Scotland actually got into Frances half.One of them slid the ball across the six yard box and Wilson got to it just before the keeper.

He's done well there then; I hear their keeper's pretty Swift.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Blank Space in front of him apparently, caused some Bad Blood at half time 

Here you go again, always rooting for the anti hero 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This might not be the best game if you're interested in watching Rory play - I've watched ten or fifteen minutes and if France had Taylor Swift in goal, we wouldn't know. In fact at this point, I don't even know if there's more than half a pitch - the Scotland keeper is about the only Scotland player I've seen touch the ball. 

It's 2-0 now, could be about ten by the look of it.

16 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Just scored.

2-1 now.

France most of the play.

I guess these 2 posts say about as much about him as you need to know.  Can still score in a team who are vastle inferior to and being totally battered by the opposition. 

• Like 3

Â