Gompedyret

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It does get harder for the youth as we get stronger as a team.....JJ was very lucky, as he has grown with us. This team now, will be very hard to break in to.

Yes and no. If the team are winning games comfortably on a regular basis, it is easier to give youth 10 minutes at the end, for example if you are 3-0 up, than when they are scraping for results at the lower end of the table. But then there is the added pressure of making sure you win. 

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yes and no. If the team are winning games comfortably on a regular basis, it is easier to give youth 10 minutes at the end, for example if you are 3-0 up, than when they are scraping for results at the lower end of the table. But then there is the added pressure of making sure you win. 

I do get your point, and it has merit.

but we are playing some of the best football in my life time, but still we concede from comfortable positions......Man U, Forest, Wolves.

my point was in context of the standard of player to replace.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate that little paragraph at the end. Fabrizio wouldn’t have put that if it’d been a Spurs youngster.

Edited by Woody1000

40 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I hate that little paragraph at the end. Fabrizio wouldn’t have put that if it’d been a Spurs youngster.

I'm sure he would have

• Like 1

Keep an eye out and you'll find out... 

Their equivalent is a kid called Mikey Moore (@useless if you've seen him?) 

12 goals in 10 u18 game this year + 7 assists, also got 6 goals in 7 England u17 games, Wilson in comparison has 16 in 13 games and 14 in 13 for Scotland u17s

Watch to see what the hype is around both of them, both huge prospects 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I'm sure he would have

I don’t doubt Romano’s credibility like a lot do, but he definitely twerks for ‘Big’ clubs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I don’t doubt Romano’s credibility like a lot do, but he definitely twerks for ‘Big’ clubs.

I would actually say we are one of the clubs that uses him to promote ourselves, some of the stuff he tweets about our transfers are not leaks, they're announcements to his larger than ours audience 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Keep an eye out and you'll find out... 

Their equivalent is a kid called Mikey Moore (@useless if you've seen him?) 

12 goals in 10 u18 game this year + 7 assists, also got 6 goals in 7 England u17 games, Wilson in comparison has 16 in 13 games and 14 in 13 for Scotland u17s

Watch to see what the hype is around both of them, both huge prospects 

Mikey Moore is one of the best players in the new Football Manager

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

He is definitely on the Saudi and Chelsea payroll

Mikey Moore is younger and much more highly rated than Wilson, there was a lot of speculation around him in the summer, but he signed his scholarship with Spurs, he doesn't turn seventeen until August so can't sign his first professional contract until then, and it's almost certain that he will have already agreed to do so, so next batch of speculation regarding him will probably come when he turns eighteen and is allowed to sign a longer deal

Wilson is now at that stage, he already signed his first professional contract upon turning seventeen, which was for the maximum allowed three years for a player of that age, but now he's turned eighteen he can sign a longer deal, which is what we're trying to convince him to do, worth remembering he only turned eighteen in January, so it's not as if been dragging on or anything

Kadan Young and Travis Patterson are in the same position, both turned eighteen, so can sign longer contracts now, and would be very surprising if they haven't been offered deals, so just a case of waiting to see if they accept, Kellyman and Feeney already signed their contract extensions last year upon turning eighteen, Thierry Katsukunya is another, we will probably be hearing of a new deal for him soon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is definitely on the Saudi and Chelsea payroll

He is on the payroll of whoever is willing to pay, his job is literally to "leak" the information given to him. Which he does

In this case, Wilsons agent is looking either for Villa to offer more money or to create other interested parties, hence why the compensation fee is included. Its very simple

• Like 1

We will have offered Wilson a contract extension and that will have been on the table for a while, we offer contract extensions to all our highly rated academy players upon turning eighteen, so that's not something we would do just because Romano is tweeting about other clubs interest, also as above he's already signed his first professional contract, which was presumably for three years, so if another club wanted him in the summer they would actually have to pay a proper transfer fee, the same as they would for any of our professional players who were under contract, the compensation thing only becomes applicable once his current deal ends, so it's not really relevant at the moment

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â