Gompedyret

Going to sign his first professional deal in January according to Birmingham Mail.

He looks a real talent, I wonder could we see him in first team earlier than most U18 players, he's 6 ft so physicality of senior football shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Going to sign his first professional deal in January according to Birmingham Mail.

He looks a real talent, I wonder could we see him in first team earlier than most U18 players, he's 6 ft so physicality of senior football shouldn't be an issue.

Yes he looks a real talent but needs to be developed carefully. I’m old enough to remember Jimmy Brown who made our first team at 16 (I seem to remember) and was burned-out before he was fully developed.

21 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes he looks a real talent but needs to be developed carefully. I’m old enough to remember Jimmy Brown who made our first team at 16 (I seem to remember) and was burned-out before he was fully developed.

Of course, a few cameo appearances off the bench against weaker opposition perhaps.

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen of the kid he seems to have a proper finishers instinct, something we’ve lacked for a while in our forwards, probably since Benteke. 

Hoping Wilson and Archer make it here

Scottish centre- forward, the Holte does like one of them. Andy Gray, Andy Lochhead and Alan offside McInally are three that come to mind. Andy Gray had a beautiful connection with the Holte - End, I can still clearly picture him today, arms outstretched, standing right in front of a jam - packed Holte,  absolutely buzzing from all that love, and the memory of that as never left him, or us, to this day. What a wonderful player he was, resplendent in claret and blue.

Hopefully this promising young lad can go on to become a Villa legend. He has already said how he feels this is the club for him. I can't wait to see how many gems are moulded on that illustrious conveyor belt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Scottish centre- forward, the Holte does like one of them. Andy Gray, Andy Lochhead and Alan offside McInally are three that come to mind. Andy Gray had a beautiful connection with the Holte - End, I can still clearly picture him today, arms outstretched, standing right in front of a jam - packed Holte,  absolutely buzzing from all that love, and the memory of that as never left him, or us, to this day. What a wonderful player he was, resplendent in claret and blue.

Hopefully this promising young lad can go on to become a Villa legend. He has already said how he feels this is the club for him. I can't wait to see how many gems are moulded on that illustrious conveyor belt. 

Truly a sight to behold.................Oh Andy, your the greatest.............

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it was one of the various Sherlock Holmes things that said that if you rule out all of the possibilities that you can, what you're left with, no matter how unlikely it might seem will be the truth of the matter.

Therefore, having seen him a couple of times now, I can declare as fact that Rory Wilson lives half a second in the future.

He's not the finest technical footballer in the side, not the biggest, not the quickest - but he has movement and anticipation on a level that's almost a superpower. When everyone else is watching, Rory is moving, if it's an instinct it's extraordinary, if it's learned then it should be patented, it's amazing. I watched him in the second half at times, peeling off a defender for a ball that the midfielder hadn't though of yet, closing down a keeper before the defender had realised there had been a shot, moving into spaces that weren't there until he arrived. Rory isn't the quickest over six yards, but he wins because he has a two yard head start - every single time - you don't know how he got it but he did.

Rory Wilson lives half a second in the future.

He's like a Mistborn using Atium 

• Like 4

Â