Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

What is his strengths really? Every time someone runs at him, he backs off into his own goal. For a dude his size (and percieved strength) he is nothing special defending crosses. 

He didn't do anything wrong today. Made a couple of important blocks and his passing into Watkins was very good. 

How he's being blamed for the winner I don't understand. He can't magically grow 5 inches to header it clear. McTominay was Cash's man and he got bullied by him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He didn't do anything wrong today. Made a couple of important blocks and his passing into Watkins was very good. 

How he's being blamed for the winner I don't understand. He can't magically grow 5 inches to header it clear. McTominay was Cash's man and he got bullied by him. 

No he wasn't Cash's man and Carlos is dead centre marking absolutely nobody. If Garnacho attacks the back post as he should Cash is effectively marking 2 people.

His passing was terrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Just cross it between him and cash and it's a fee header. Carbon copy of Chelsea's second goal. Pathetic 

Carlos and Lenglet are o.k CBs (I mean we can hardly complain we have reserve CBs who've played for Barca and won europa league when you think of some of the dross we've had in last 15 years in that area) but it's just so unconvincing as a partnership imo.

Do they ever talk to anyone around them? Neville called it after 10 minutes on comms that Maguire was getting the better of Kamara so we need one of the CBs to wander into that area.

Instead we do nothing and concede five minutes later from him winning the header.

We just look vulnerable in that position against decent attackers who can cross. Surely Pau has to start at Fulham?!

• Like 2

On 09/10/2023 at 13:17, Tom13 said:

You just know he's highly unlikely to lose any duel and will give absolutely everything to stop the ball going in our net. Makes us feel secure.

On 09/10/2023 at 13:17, Tom13 said:

And yeah, after Pau, he's our second best CB on the ball.

On 09/10/2023 at 17:33, AVTuco said:

I like Carlos more than ever. Very good against wolves. Big man with skill moves.

On 09/10/2023 at 20:22, MWARLEY2 said:

He is hard as nails. Not nasty. But hard. When players come up against him in either box his strength will knock players out of the way. You forget he is only 6ft dead. It is a shame that Mings is out for the season as those 2 would have been a brick wall in certain games. 

On 26/10/2023 at 19:48, DJBOB said:

Bump for the absolute pings he threaded from the back line to our forwards.

On 27/10/2023 at 07:44, It's Your Round said:

It’s amazing to have a player of Diego Carlos’ quality ‘in reserve’. With him, Lenglet, Torres and Konsa, we have four players who are all very capable of picking passes and progressing the ball forward quickly. They won’t always come off, just like some of Carlos’ passes last night, but when they do it makes us a very dangerous side. 

On 27/10/2023 at 09:36, gwi1890 said:

Excellent player just need to manage his workload and not overload him with games. European nights are perfect for this.  

On 27/10/2023 at 10:14, Tom13 said:

He's a quality player

On 09/11/2023 at 22:05, Demitri_C said:

Class tonight. My motm

On 09/11/2023 at 22:05, sharkyvilla said:

Thought he was superb, hopefully not injured when he came off and it was just cramp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Carlos and Lenglet are o.k CBs (I mean we can hardly complain we have reserve CBs who've played for Barca and won europa league when you think of some of the dross we've had in last 15 years in that area) but it's just so unconvincing as a partnership imo.

Do they ever talk to anyone around them? Neville called it after 10 minutes on comms that Maguire was getting the better of Kamara so we need one of the CBs to wander into that area.

Instead we do nothing and concede five minutes later from him winning the header.

We just look vulnerable in that position against decent attackers who can cross. Surely Pau has to start at Fulham?!

To be fair Carlos did challenge Maguire on the goal

It was just a rubbish challenge

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Interesting to go back just 17 pages makes very different reading. 

To be fair - didn’t mention anything about his defending!

I thought he was fine as well. Not keen on them as a pair but overall don't think him or Lenglet done much wrong really?

Obviously we lost so probably won't be as appreciated but he's definitely our 2nd best ball playing defender. Some of his passes straight through the middle of the pitch were great and got us up the pitch. 

I prefer him to Lenglet but that probably isn't saying much. I'd feel better with Carlos partnering Torres. 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Thanks for digging our my post but I haven’t once called him sh*t

I wasn’t digging you out just showing the contrast of just a couple of months ago

• Like 1

Â