Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

I think DC always had a bit of a rep for being a calamity merchant at times with Sevilla, I just think that's how he is. 

Obviously injury won't have helped at all and it's gonna take time to properly get back to top levels. 

• Like 2

Will be some time before we see him in prem games I think. Has the telltale signs of someone coming back from injury and not fully trusting the Achilles. Shortened stride and didn’t push himself too hard.

Important to be patient with him. 

• Like 3

I was a bit more impressed than most others on VT --- take that as you will. I saw positive aggression and at least one superb progressive pass and -- am I mistaken? -- a shot on goal? He seemed like someone who was testing himself more and more.

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

I think DC always had a bit of a rep for being a calamity merchant at times with Sevilla, I just think that's how he is. 

Obviously injury won't have helped at all and it's gonna take time to properly get back to top levels. 

Yeah in the games I saw of him at Sevilla he was certainly that kinda player.

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

Don’t jump the gun too soon, I think he will start with Torres 

Can’t see it at all tbh. Mings and konsa are so well drilled in our set up I think it Torres starts it’s in place of one of them. Carlos will take time 

• Like 4

On 17/07/2023 at 20:17, Delphinho123 said:

I think so, yes. Simply because that would help us go and spend a bit more on a right back. 

Im all for having 4 good centre half’s but we’re just probably not quite at that level yet. I’d rather have a top quality right back starting and Chambers as 4th choice. 

4 good CB'S. For the first time in a long time. Why would we want to sell him?

Times have changed; we have wealthy, ambitious owners; we don't need to move a player on to buy another.

The owners will be more interested in having a SQUAD to take us to where they want us to be than counting the pennies ala Doug Ellis. 

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

4 good CB'S. For the first time in a long time. Why would we want to sell him?

Times have changed; we have wealthy, ambitious owners; we don't need to move a player on to buy another.

The owners will be more interested in having a SQUAD to take us to where they want us to be than counting the pennies ala Doug Ellis. 

Yes we do. FFP exists. I’m sure the club would love to bring in another 3/4 players but will be hamstrung by FFP. Sure, we have money but we’re not above having to sell to buy to a certain extent. 

I GET IT, NO NEED TO SHOUT

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes we do. FFP exists. I’m sure the club would love to bring in another 3/4 players but will be hamstrung by FFP. Sure, we have money but we’re not above having to sell to buy to a certain extent. 

I GET IT, NO NEED TO SHOUT

It was only for emphasis. I am really quite placid. 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

I think 99.99% of CBs are labelled as either gaffe prone or too passive.

Mings and DC are more in the first category because they try to take control of play, Konsa is more in the second category, doesn’t make obvious howlers but sometimes avoids responsibility.

It’s only the elite world class CBs who avoid these labels.

I think so far Emery has shown he’s very good at sanding down those edges. He’s made Mings into a tidier player and he’s made Konsa more imposing. So I’m sure DC will be fine too.

Looks a monster on the pitch can see him getting the odd red card this season a no nonsense centre half that can play .... left some bodies out there last night 🤣🤣 loves a diagonal ball & looks quick. Really think Emery is pairing him with Torres till they both get upto speed, Mings & Konsa will be our centre back pairing to start the season, did so well last season & don't see it changing until Carlos or Torres are fully up to speed 

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He did okay, looked a blatant penalty mind you for that tackle from behind

was weird as someone that often moans about VAR , that I found myself missing it last night , Ollies Goal & their first goal both looked off and then this penalty shout (I thought Gordon dived)  and there was another one with Wilson ?   ..

maybe we need it after all .... 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

was weird as someone that often moans about VAR , that I found myself missing it last night , Ollies Goal & their first goal both looked off and then this penalty shout (I thought Gordon dived)  and there was another one with Wilson ?   ..

maybe we need it after all .... 

VAR is fine. It’s how these idiots use it sometimes that infuriate people. 

Carlos looks rusty which is understandable. Needs more game time.  

Â