Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah, but we need to balance out players like Trez and Wesley… so the only way is to sign CL players… 

only Villa can have the best players and the worst players in the same Squad. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mckylznsi6a6886yyq

Edited by CarryOnVilla

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

I will always be glad when he's gone.

But yes I would give him credit if (and it's an almighty if) he got us into Europe end of next season.

At least that’s a bit more positive 😀👍

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Brexit in full effect muthaf@@@kas 

Its how it is going . Best league in the world 

We know this isn't what's happening right?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

There will be things agreed with the agent already. They wouldn’t book him in for a medical if ballpark numbers, at least, hadn’t been agreed.

He wouldn't have been announced by Villa if it wasn't done. Dot the eyes and cross the tees

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I read it earlier.  No bias in there at all 🙄 and no understanding of our young squad needing some experience 🙄 thought it was a poor bunch of tweets from him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I read it earlier.  No bias in there at all 🙄 and no understanding of our young squad needing some experience 🙄 thought it was a poor bunch of tweets from him.

Reading the tweets, I don’t see how he’s overly criticising us tbh. Just financial concerns we are signing another older player on big wages. Let’s be honest, we should be concerned. If these older players don’t work out, selling them will be hard. 

So let’s hope it all works out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Apart from his tweet about us stockpiling old players is he wrong? 

14th in the PL can take the best players from 90% of Europe's leagues without much effort 

The PL is already the superleague 

Welcome Diego! I hope you are amazing and not the Brazilian Titus Bramble.

Exciting times for Villa. I can’t wait to see how we line-up.

I thought Carlos might be hard to get, well done to the club. The guy is a beast in defence, physical, technically strong, he’s probably going to see a few cards, but he’s the player we’ve needed in defence. Very exciting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trensa said:

-He has not gone to Brazil because, for some strange reason, our players are not in the showcase for the national coaches.

He should feel right at home at Aston Villa then. :crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Another older player? He’s 29 not 31/32.  Where are these other old players? Coutinho is 29,  Digne 28, Chambers is 27 to go along with our young squad.  Just bizarre this notion of buying players in their peak is a problem.

Salah is 29 about to get a big fat contract, VVD signed a new 4 year contract when he was 30.  They have an older squad as well.  I know using Liverpool is an extreme but we’ve seen how our inexperience has impacted our performances and results and tweets like these suggest we’ve gone and brought a load of mid thirty somethings which we haven’t.

It can’t even be argued we’ve wasted money because Coutinho at 17m, Carlos at 26m and Chambers free aren’t exactly massive fees in todays markets.

They probably don't have much re-sale value but we should ahve them for essentially 3 or 4 prime years. That's good enough. 

I'm not unhappy that we have signed this player but I do find it worrying the age profile of the players Gerrard is signing.

High wages and little to no resale value.

I just worry if the owners turn the taps off which granted they haven't shown any signs of that we are going to be ****.

• Like 1

Â