Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Have to confess I’ve only ever seen him play for England , but what exactly does Bellingham do ? Is he just another nondescript Henderson type player that Safegate loves or does he have more about his game than that ?

Not watched a lot of him but when I have he looked to be your archetypal box-to-box midfielder, bursting runs forward and great and carrying the ball. 

Probably not much use for him in a Southgate team.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I can't believe Southgate is still the manager.

Really? You "cant believe it"? Yeah its one of the biggest anomalies in the space time continuum that England's most successful manager in 50 years is still manager. How do we possibly get our heads around it?!

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Have to confess I’ve only ever seen him play for England , but what exactly does Bellingham do ? Is he just another nondescript Henderson type player that Safegate loves or does he have more about his game than that ?

I’ve not watched him that many times, but a few times I’ve watched him for Dortmund in the CL he’s been incredible. Absolutely runs the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Really? You "cant believe it"? Yeah its one of the biggest anomalies in the space time continuum that England's most successful manager in 50 years is still manager. How do we possibly get our heads around it?!

He's not been very successful lately.

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Glad we didn't get Phillips...........incredibly negative player.

Can't stand Southgate, why is Saka not playing LB with SJG in front?

SJG?! The S could mean many things I guess…

These games are supposed to have replaced friendlies but have a competitive edge. Fine. I get that. But if that's the case then why, especially with the world cup being in just a few months time, is he experimenting with his squad so bloody much rather than honing it down and looking at tightening up formations, styles of play etc?

Instead he's still tinkering as if it's not til next summer.

Unlike previous nations leagues this practically is it til the world cup so go all out to win it, gain momentum going into Qatar and solidify a squad and way of playing. But no, he continues to think he's a footballing genius 🙄

Edited by stewiek2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

These games are supposed to have replaced friendlies but have a competitive edge. Fine. I get that. But it that's the case then, especially with the world cup being in just a few months time, is he experimenting with his squad so bloody much rather than honing it down and looking at tightening up formations, styles of play etc?

Instead he's still tinkering as if it's not til next summer.

Unlike previous nations leagues this practically is it til the world cup so go all out to win it, gain momentum going into Qatar and solidify a squad and way of playing. But no, he continues to think he's a footballing genius 🙄

He'll use fitness as his excuse 

This match will tell him how his back up players look playing alongside his subs for one night only 

Its stupid 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve not watched him that many times, but a few times I’ve watched him for Dortmund in the CL he’s been incredible. Absolutely runs the show.

Same in the bundesliga, he's a star

For England he's the same as the rest of them, got the stabilisers on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â