Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The pep way from man City 

Don't overlap and create space for the attacking midfielder to exploit instead have the attacking midfielder commit defenders to free up space for the full back 10 yards behind the play 

Southgate refers to himself as Pep-with-hair when he texts his wife

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Jack has pretty much cornered himself into being an impact sub, amazing to think he was a certain starter for us. He looked poor tonight, among others. 

Jack has been told to defend more, that's why he was ineffective. Being managed by the plastic Pep.

Defending not losing the ball are Southgate's priorities. 

Stuart Pearce trying to defend him on Talksport just, was laughable.

5 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

So what? They are not good enough. And also there are 6 points available from the other two group matches 

I don't know how anyone looks at us over the last 4 years and doesn't think we won't get out of the group at the very least

Its not like we're only safe and boring now, we've been safe and boring the whole time and grinded out results, kane will shit house a penalty, sterling will score a tap in, it won't be pretty we won't play well and we'll all moan like **** about it but we'll comfortably get out of the group

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Poland  2-2 Netherlands.

Cash conceded a late penalty that Depay missed.   I tuned in 8 minutes late for the 2nd half and it had gone from 1-0 Poland to 2-1 Poland and Netherlands scored seconds later.   Poland's keeper kept them in it.  Netherlands dominated possession in first half but had no threat.   They turned up the heat in the 2nd and should have won it.

Mixed night for Cash.   Other than the goal and penalty, he was pretty anonymous.   The goal was a long daisy cutter that the defender should have prevented and the keeper probably should have done better.   The penalty was really soft imo.  Scramble in the box and the keeper pushed away a shot and it glanced of Cash's knuckle.  Nobody saw anything in real time, including the Dutch, but VAR made the ref look.  The commentators on my feed said it was an obvious pen that changed the flight and kept the Dutch forward from hitting it.  I couldn't see any change in trajectory and the Dutch didn't complain.  Plus, he was falling backward and the ball was coming back off his keeper a couple of feet away. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was it Italy have only won 4 of there last 12.

Its a squad and team that reflects them not qualifying for the WC too, I think 7 players tonight have less than 10 caps and 2 made their debut, from the starting 11 acerbi has the most caps with 24

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Did we beat the USA? If you think beating Wales is a certainty, then who needs a trained professional? 

I just don't see it 

Over these 3 games our style of play hasn't changed its exactly the same as its been for the last 6 years

And in that time we've got the NL semis, WC semis, Euros final, topped our qualifiers group 3 times losing 1 game 

And now we won't get out of a group containing USA, Wales and Iran? Nah Im not buying that

Southgate makes this dross awful to watch football work come the tournament and the WC will be no different, we'll get to the QFs and then we'll see who we get

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Did we beat the USA? If you think beating Wales is a certainty, then who needs a trained professional? 

Please pick your point and stick to it. You said that England will not get out of the group. Against 3 other teams with abysmal World Cup records. 9 points available and 4 usually enough.

Just now, villa4europe said:

I just don't see it 

Over these 3 games our style of play hasn't changed its exactly the same as its been for the last 6 years

And in that time we've got the NL semis, WC semis, Euros final, topped our qualifiers group 3 times losing 1 game 

And now we won't get out of a group containing USA, Wales and Iran? Nah Im not buying that

Southgate makes this dross awful to watch football work come the tournament and the WC will be no different, we'll get to the QFs and then we'll see who we get

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. One thing I  am certain of is, we ain't doing shit in that tournament. We've regressed. 

That was like England under Capello. Just plodding along. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

England will do fine in the World Cup until the meet a top team. Just like the last 2 tournaments. 

It's basically Villa under Steve Bruce. "But he got us to a semifinal/final" is Southgate's version of "but he got us to a playoff final".

Â